Production Manager - Building Materials Manufacturing
Resource Erectors Las Vegas, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for the management of the production operations for the facility. Responsible for managing the functions related to production operations which may include some or all of the following: safety, quality control, production, environmental, maintenance, customer service, and costs.
- Provides overall management of production of finished products, process improvements and materials usage; oversees the scheduling of overall monthly production to ensure the most efficient utilization of facilities as related to inventory requirements; establishes production plans for manufacturing ensuring operational goals are met.
- Manages the production operations, staff, and equipment; recommends the purchase of new or improved capital equipment; works with the Plant Engineer to establish the priority of maintenance activity and maintenance materials to be used, methods of repair, preventive maintenance programs and downtime scheduling; reviews physical plant for unsafe conditions, deterioration and general plant cleanliness.
- Ensures that the production department complies with all health, safety and environmental programs.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and facilities in accordance with company specifications for cleanliness and are in compliance with environmental laws.
- Monitor quality control, product specifications and finished product quality; assists with production complaints.
- Overall responsibility for maximizing the efficiency of production while ensuring established quality standards.
- Implements and maintains cost control and operating efficiencies including raw material and finished goods inventory control
- Works with Accounting Manager to review production reporting and monthly financial and operations reports;
- Responsible for the recruitment, performance, development, promotion, and discipline of production employees. Assigns objectives and conducts performance appraisals of direct reports.
- Abides by all safety rules set forth by company and government regulatory agencies and ensure that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected
- All other tasks and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Five years of management experience
- Five years' experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting
AddressLas Vegas, NV
ManufacturingView all jobs at Resource Erectors