Operations Manager - Surface Quarry
Resource Erectors Austin, TX
- Posted: 29 days ago
Complete responsibility for a 2 million tpy surface limestone quarry operation. Responsibility for the safety of approximately 25 direct and indirect reports at this non-union quarry operation. Oversight of all production, safety, quality control, Capex management, maintenance, and environmental activities. Involved in annual budget preparation. AUSTIN, TEXAS; COMPETITIVE BASE SALARY; YEARLY BONUS; AGGRESSIVE 401K MATCH; COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE.
- Direct and supervise all production activities, from drilling and blasting to quality control of the end products.
- Organize and plan the daily operation to ensure optimal and efficient use of personnel and equipment resources in production, maintenance, inventory management, and stockpiling. Ensure Customer's requirements are met in both product quality and load-out capacity.
- Maintain a proactive approach to improving plant output and controlling costs.
- Ensure compliance with all MSHA regulations. Continually work to improve site safety training, policies, and procedures.
- Promote a safe workplace culture and hold employees accountable to company safety policies.
- Work with senior management to develop forecasts, operating budgets, capital budgets, and other financial planning needed to operate the business successfully.
- Consult with Executive Management on Capital improvement projects. Direct supervision of related on-site CAPEX.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory permit requirements.
- Ensure the competence and development of employees by initiating training, coaching, counseling, or discipline procedures on a continuous basis.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field or operations management preferred.
- 5 or more years of management experience, as well as strong familiarity with production, fixed plant and mobile mining equipment, maintenance, budget preparation, quality control, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of MSHA safety requirements.
- A proactive approach to operational processes; willing to think outside the box on ways to improve operational efficiencies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and the ability to adapt to other computer software.
- Strong work ethic and internal drive for developing a great operational team and improving output efficiencies.
BusinessView all jobs at Resource Erectors