Mining Superintendent - Aggregate Quarry Operations
Resource Erectors Allentown, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for all mining production operations for a 2 Million tpy surface construction aggregate quarry and loadout facilities. Manage approximately 15 hourly union reports working the day shift. Oversight of all drilling and blasting activities, material extraction and transfer to the primary, sales yard, and rail loadout. Hold weekly safety meetings and instruct employees on proper safety practices. Oversight of the quarry's environmental programs. Manage stripping activities at the quarry. Maintain a proactive approach to improving plant output and controlling costs.
- BS degree in engineering a plus but not required; minimum of a high school diploma.
- At least 5 years of experience managing hourly labor in a mining or quarrying environment.
- Previous experience in managing a union workforce is a plus.
- A proactive approach to operational processes; willing to think outside the box on ways to improve operational efficiencies and communicate ideas to senior management.
- Strong leadership, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and internal drive for developing a great operational team and improving output efficiencies.
Real EstateView all jobs at Resource Erectors