Electrician - Minerals Processing Facilities
Resource Erectors Fort Worth, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Primarily responsible for maintaining all aspects of plant automation. Troubleshoot and repair machinery, mechanical equipment and systems utilized in the day-to-day operation of a hi-production plant environment. Must have prior experience with PLC and possess a thorough knowledge of PLC (programming; troubleshooting; etc.). This role will potentially travel to all company mine-sites as needed.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as conveyors and programmable controllers
- Programs PLC
- Troubleshoot plant issues pertaining to PLC and controls logic
- This person will be responsible for the scheduling of planned and unplanned electrical maintenance, and electrical projects.
- The candidate must possess a thorough working knowledge of plant automation and electrical systems such as Allen Bradley ControlLogix Processors, Ethernet, Fiber Optic, Wonder ware HMI programming, VFD, PID controllers, and power distribution.
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic systems and components (including design, integration & testing for industrial applications
- Have, or demonstrate strong willingness to develop, a broad technical capability to integrate real-time hardware-in-the-loop systems (ranging from detailed electronic subsystem and component functional evaluation/analysis/modeling, to large-scale complex system-level interaction across multiple boxes and electrical/electronic subsystems).
- Electrical control and electrical power systems design, integration & test for operations equipment control
- Integration and/or simulation of sensors such as pressure transducers, RTDs, thermocouples, scale integrators, etc.
- Integration and/or simulation of solenoid valves, servo valves, or electromechanical actuators.
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus and replace damaged wires and cable
- Connect power supply wires to and between machines and equipment
- Replace faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, motors and position sensing devices
- Comply with safety standards and procedures
- Work closely with Operations to ensure that the plant runs efficiently
- Promote continuous process improvement initiatives
- Conduct on-call duties as needed
- Complete light mechanical maintenance tasks as needed
- Communicate both verbally and in writing
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Serve as an excellent Company ambassador and safety champion at all times
- 10+ years of electrical troubleshooting and repair or similar experience
- 5+ years PLC and instrumentation experience
- Exposure to System Engineering principles and processes
- Knowledge of multiple PLC programming languages a plus
- Plant Manufacturing Journeyman or General Journeyman license
- Fluent understanding of 3-phase power supply, feeders and current limiting devices
- Experience working with electrical motors, relays, switches, sensors and lighting fixtures
- Knowledge and navigation of NEC codes
AddressFort Worth, TX
ConstructionView all jobs at Resource Erectors