Senior Consultant, Community Health
Resource Development Associates Inc. Oakland, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $90,000 Yearly
LOCATION: Oakland, CA (currently hybrid)
HOURS: Full time, exempt
SALARY: Starting at $90,000, commensurate with experience
Are you looking to affect change through research and consulting? Do you have experience managing multiple, simultaneous mixed-methods evaluation and/or strategic and program planning projects? If so, we encourage you to explore our Senior Consultant role. At Resource Development Associates (RDA), Senior Consultants manage diverse collections of projects that leverage their consulting services (e.g., evaluation, planning, grant writing) and content expertise (e.g., mental health, juvenile justice, economic development). For this opportunity, subject matter expertise in behavioral or community health and consulting experience is required. The Senior Consultant position is mid-level in our consulting career path and can lead to other levels of employment.
About RDA and the Community Health Team
For more than 35 years, RDA has provided consultation to public, private, and social sector organizations working across the public safety net system to address persistent social, health, and economic problems. Our services include research, assessment, planning, grant writing, organizational development, training and coaching, facilitation, data system development, and evaluation. We believe in working collaboratively with one another and with our clients, and that curiosity and compassion are keys to making progress.
The Community Health team works collaboratively with a range of clients and stakeholders (e.g., County behavioral health departments, health and human services departments, and community-based organizations) on projects spanning evaluation of Mental Health Services Act projects; needs or capacity assessments for behavioral health and substance use systems of care; development of strategic plans; Whole Person Care and coordinated care efforts; county implementation of Assisted Outpatient Treatment programs; and alternative crisis system response.
What You Will Achieve in Your First Year
As a Senior Consultant, every day and every project is different and we are constantly learning, but here is a sample of what you can expect to experience and accomplish in your first year:
Project Management and Client Engagement
- Lead projects with high levels of complexity, ambiguity, and intensity across multiple content areas and consulting services (evaluation, planning, stakeholder engagement, etc.)
- Lead client-facing activities
- Develop collaborative working relationships with clients, becoming experts of their organizations
- Understand and communicate the impact of RDA’s work to internal and external audiences
Develop Mastery of Content or Consulting Skills
- Serve as a thought partner for consulting services and/or content expertise
- Support teammates in developing analytic, client-facing, and other consulting skills
- Engage in bi-directional feedback and demonstrate the ability to be responsive to feedback
- Track record as an effective, efficient, and positive team member
- A quick learner and self-directed
- Demonstrated ability to present information in clear, concise writing for technical and lay audiences
- Fluency leading mixed-methods teams in community research and evaluation; stakeholder-engaged planning a plus
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to utilize Excel, STATA, SPSS or similar for analyses
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Graduate degree in fields related to RDA’s content and service areas preferred; additional experience may replace education
- Dynamic and collaborative workplace
- Family-friendly environment with accommodating schedules
- Flexible vacation time off (not accrual-based)
- 100% RDA-sponsored health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance for employees
- 401k, with RDA discretionary match
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, transit, and parking expenses
- Personalized professional development
- Access to discounted retail products and services via ADP LifeMart
RDA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equitable and inclusionary hiring practices. We strongly encourage applicants from all cultural backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, genders, and ages to apply.
Please include a cover letter, writing or work sample, and references with your resume.
Resource Development Associates Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Resource Development Associates Inc.