Materials Reuse Specialist (general labor, customer service)
Resource Central Boulder, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Materials Reuse Specialist
Employer: Resource Central; Boulder, CO
Job Status: Full-time with benefits
Compensation: $17.00/hr to start - plus health, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off and more…
About Resource Central
We’re an innovative nonprofit determined to make conservation so simple that people don’t even realize they’re doing it. Founded in 1976, our programs in water, energy, and waste have helped more than 600,000 people save money, improve their homes, and conserve natural resources. Learn more at: www.resourcecentral.org.
Resource Central Mission
To put conservation into action.
Help us build a national model for reducing waste. Our nonprofit Materials Reuse Specialist plays a key role in helping families divert millions of pounds of building materials from landfills. We make it easy for people to improve their homes (and save money) by accepting donated building materials and reselling them at affordable prices. We’re looking for positive and supportive team members who will provide outstanding customer service to people donating and purchasing materials. This position also assists customers by providing project ideas, tool information, answering questions, and assistance finding materials. Additional duties include, but are not limited to: restocking department areas, pricing inventory, keeping a clean and orderly sales yard, organizing inventory, and assisting volunteers. Home improvement and construction knowledge are a plus. Bilingual preferred. Friendly and a fun attitude are a must.
Benefits include: health, dental, vision, life insurance, as well as short- and long-term disability, flexible spending account, 403b retirement plan, paid time off and paid holidays, reimbursement on a fitness membership, and employee discount on Resource Central products and services.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver friendly customer service to customers
• Stock and maintain orderly displays throughout the yard, warehouse, and showroom
• Evaluate, receive, and process acceptable donations or politely decline them
• Load and unload trucks and vehicles
• Price incoming inventory, answer pricing questions for customers, and adjust pricing on aging inventory
• Operate forklifts to move and stock materials (training provided)
• Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds and follow safety protocols
• Able to work outside in all types of weather
• Works our point of sale system on an as needed basis
• Embrace personal responsibility and accountability for your job
• Passionate about conservation, or a strong desire to learn
• Performs other duties as assigned
To apply please send resume with the subject line, “Materials Reuse Specialist.”
Resource Central is dedicated to equal employment opportunities. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job‐related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, gender expression, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable state or local law. It is our policy to maintain a non‐discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
Resource CentralWhy Work Here?
Determined to make conservation so simple that people don’t even realize they’re doing it.
We’re an innovative nonprofit determined to make conservation so simple that people don’t even realize they’re doing it. Founded in 1976, our programs in water, energy, and waste have helped more than 600,000 people save money, improve their homes, and conserve natural resources. Learn more at: ResourceCentral.org.
6400 Arapahoe RdBoulder, CO
BusinessView all jobs at Resource Central