Assistant Operations Manager | Housekeeping
- Expired: January 16, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are pleased that you are exploring Hyatt Hotels Corporation. We believe our customers select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who work hard to provide efficient service and meaningful experiences. We care about our associates and our customers. This is the Hyatt Touch. Our commitment to Diversity is best evidenced by our focus on company-wide diversity initiatives. We continue to be recognized as one of America's best companies for minorities in rankings based on information about recruiting and employment practices. Associates of Hyatt are given the tools from the first day to make a difference. Hyatt offers comprehensive and competitive benefits for all associates. Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards - whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. Come meet the people with the Hyatt touch.
A luxury California resort in an idyllic mountain setting, Resort at Squaw Creek rests at the base of Squaw Valley, which is the site of the 1960 Winter Olympics, and is just minutes from North Lake Tahoe.
Our AAA Four-Diamond resort offers ski-in/ski-out access to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows. Squaw Creek's dramatic lobby, with its floor-to-ceiling windows, overlooks a cascading waterfall and the breathtaking Sierra Nevada Mountains. 405 luxurious resort rooms and suites, complete with resort-style kitchenettes, fireplaces and LED flat-screen TVs, comfort guests with a "mountain meets modern" ambiance at our resort in Squaw Creek.
The Assistant Operations Manager is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Housekeeping Department. This individual is responsible for assisting with scheduling, inventories, training new staff to resort standards, resolving customer challenges, and aiding with coaching and counceling. This individual shall always strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests.
Due to COVID-19 cleanliness protocols, this role now calls for new duties to ensure safety and cleanliness of frequent touch points and all colleagues must adhere to our COVID-19 prevention plan: wearing mask, temperature check and cleaning/disinfecting areas outside department.
Essential job Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times and resolve guest concerns to ensure satisfaction.
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies for Front Office, Housekeeping and Guest Services.
- Maintain complete knowledge of hotel features/services, hours of operation, room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- Assist Department heads in preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Ensure work duties assigned by Department heads are completed.
- Assist with pre-shift staff meetings and review all information pertinent to the day's business.
- Constantly monitor and coach staff performance in all phases of service and job functions.
- Monitor the check-in/check-out process; anticipate critical situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Monitor and ensure that all cashiering procedures comply with Accounting policies and standards.
- Act as hotel first responder and hotel MOD as needed
Experience & Education
- College diploma or equivalent combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prior hospitality experience required in Front Office, Housekeeping and Guest Services is preffered
- Previous experience with Windows, Office, and hotSOS or similar property management systems
- Prior leadership experience preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed oriented
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possesses excellent communication and listening skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Full Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, including the ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking
- Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs. with assistance
- Must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat)
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat).
Why to work at Resort at Squaw Creek?
- 50% discounted meals at property food service areas
- 12 Free Room Nights at any Hyatt Globally
- Medical Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
- Opportunities to work around the world with Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
- Discount Ski Pass
- Enjoy vending meal set-up in our colleague dining hall
Our Vales: Respect | Integrity | Empathy | Humility | Creativity | Fun
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Resort at Squaw Creek
AddressIncline Village, NV
Get fresh Hyatt Hotels Corporation jobs daily straight to your inbox!