The Quantitative Strategies Technology team is looking for a hands-on technical leader to develop and enhance our portfolio optimization, risk modeling and analytics platform. The candidate will work closely with our quantitative portfolio managers and research analysts to translate business strategy and objectives into quality solutions, with a focus on computation capabilities, effective data access patterns, visualization tooling, portfolio management and quantitative research productivity, and robust processes to deploy and reliably support the models and applications. This is a high-visibility role, working across multiple business and technology teams with senior leaders on strategic initiatives to accelerate research and time-to-market of new strategies and products.
· Lead the development team through the full software life cycle, including designing, coding, testing, maintaining, and supporting application software in a timely and efficient manner for maximum impact on the organization.
· Identify and execute on opportunities to modernize our applications and processes, and expand our analytic capabilities to support new assets, products and strategies.
· Develop data pipelines and back-testing framework.
· Collaborate with Architecture and Infrastructure teams to assure technological and security compatibility and compliance with the enterprise road map and best-practices.
· Technology enabler for business, foster a culture of collaboration and reuse.
· Provide cost and feasibility analysis to support and gain strategy approval. Implement and drive strategy.
· Oversee annual asset health and security assessments and incorporate output into the development strategy.
· Deliver operational excellence through development, formal release schedules and release management processes, service level agreements (SLAs), problem resolution through system monitoring, and change management.
· Participate in the annual budget and financial planning process for assigned organization, technical assets, and related projects.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years) in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Financial Engineering; or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- 7-10+ years of experience in technology and/or software development, progressing in complexity and responsibility.
- 3-5+ years of leadership experience, including demonstrated success in leading technical teams and executing technical projects within a quality management framework and outsourced/vendor partner environment (both on- and off-shore).
- 2-3+ years of experience in successfully managing budgets (departmental and/or project).
- Strong Java, C# and/or C++ Object-Oriented analysis, design and programming techniques to develop robust, flexible software solutions
- Exceptional skills in data analysis, quant programming, systems architecture, risk modeling and portfolio optimization
- Experience in the field of finance, preferably with an established Quantitative Asset Manager
- Familiarity with mathematics used in finance, such as linear algebra and probability
- Experience leading highly productive teams with the ability to attract, develop and retain top talent
- Familiar with vendors systems including Axioma, MSCI/Barra, ITG, Factset
- Implemented optimization and risk/factor models
- Strong Equity and Fixed Income experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business/technical problems, show proper judgement and make sound technical decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with quantitative portfolio managers and research analysts
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification or progress towards CFA