- Posted: over a month ago
Arizona based, AISC certified steel fabricator, erector and concrete contractor seeks highly motivated and qualified applicants to fill a full-time position as an experienced: Steel Fabrication Shop Superintendent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and supervise all shift personnel for specific projects to achieve the quality and production schedule that will meet customer and company expectations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of AISC standards and practices.
- Perform and train others to set up and operate including but not limited to the following machinery and equipment:
- Vertical/horizontal band saws
- Track torch
- Welding equipment including (FCAW/SMAW machines), etc.
- Painting equipment (airless and conventional)
- Be involved with the planning and forecasting of labor requirements and adjust as necessary to meet delivery dates.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with supervisor and other company employees to ensure company safety and quality standards are achieved.
- Recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Detect and report discrepancies of defective materials or questionable components.
- Ensure effective employee relations by providing employee coaching, development and problem resolution, performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Work on special projects and perform other duties as needed.
- Maintaining a well-organized shop floor, tool/supply, etc.
- Ensuring all company-issued materials, supplies, and equipment are utilized/stored in a safe and proper manner.
- Training and supervising all production personnel as well as working with the company safety director to ensure all employees have the proper certifications to operate machinery and equipment, OSHA training, etc.
Work with the company safety director to complete safety shop audits and ensure that any deficiencies are immediately corrected.
- Possess leadership skills to effectively manage the shop while ensuring the safety of all shop employees.
- Communicate clearly and effectively inside and outside of the company.
- Recognize potential problems and troubleshoot issues (i.e., safety, field, discrepancies with shop and/or design drawings, etc.)
- Read and interpret structural/miscellaneous steel/joist/decking shop drawings and design/engineering drawings.
- Understand and interpret AWS D1.1 standards and have at least five (5) years of welding experience with FCAW/SMAW welding process, including the potential to become AWS D1.1 certified and any other applicable standards.
- An understanding of erecting and rigging with low to medium rise steel structure, miscellaneous steel projects (i.e., handrails, stairs, catwalks, pipe, etc.), and other exotic metal (i.e., aluminum, and stainless steel) as well as an understanding of AISC structural requirements
- Experience with the use, setup and general maintenance of ironworker, vertical/horizontal band saws, punches, track torch, reach forklift, welding equipment (FCAW/SMAW machines), painting equipment (airless and conventional), etc.
- Willingness to perform duties as a working foreman on the shop floor and/or outside and, at times, harsh weather conditions.
- Pass any pre-employment physicals and drug and alcohol screenings examinations.
- Work along with QC individual to maintain inspections and quality.
Please contact our home office at (623) 208-7560
ManufacturingView all jobs at Resolute PC