Service Tech III
- Posted: over a month ago
As the face of Mobile Air, proactive communication and high service levels are the ultimate measure of effectiveness. This position is responsible for service, installation, and delivery/pick-up of rental equipment. This includes dealing with customers, providing support to customers that have our equipment on their sites, working with our service technicians, and occasionally providing service support to other technicians in our other locations. This position also requires knowledge to PM and basic troubleshooting of Air-Cooled Chillers and large tonnage (>20) rental HVAC equipment. This person is a senior level technician skilled in troubleshooting, repair, and set-up of our rental equipment.
The Service Technician III works with his/her peers, outside and inside sales personnel, to coordinate delivery, installation and service of rental equipment. This person should carry a certification to handle refrigerants as they need to be able to service refrigerant circuits in our AC rental products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Being the face of Mobile Air with our customers, professional representation is critical in this role. The goal is to provide an experience for the customer that will drive them back for future business. This is Mobile Air’s greatest growth opportunity.
- Takes customer orders from inside salesperson or branch manager. Fills orders and delivers to customer. If any accessories are left at job site that are not on the delivery ticket, it is to be noted on the delivery ticket and have customer sign ticket.
- If required, installs equipment. Service Technician III is not to hook up power cord of rental unit into any customer distribution power panel or generator. Can run extensions cords and plug in 115 V equipment into wall receptacle.
- For heating equipment, runs temporary hoses from equipment to hook-up to natural gas or propane sources. Does not perform hook-up, as that is the responsibility of the customer.
- Provides assistance and supports the installation of air-cooled chillers and large package HVAC rental equipment.
- Runs flexible ductwork as required for temporary application.
- Uses appropriate PPE and fall protection as required.
- Ensures that customers lifts are not to be used to perform any work unless driven by an authorized person at the job site. Fall protection must be used as required.
- Performs equipment start-up. If access to equipment power control panel is required and electricity must be on while inside control cabinet, wears appropriate arc flash PPE as per our Electrical Safety Policy.
- Performs service repairs as required, wearing all appropriate PPE.
- When customer is finished with equipment, picks up equipment from customer location, noting what equipment was returned. If there are any missing items, communicates it to customer and has them sign pick-up ticket with notation of what is missing.
- Performs equipment reconditioning as per reconditioning work instructions for that type of equipment. Completes any checklist as required.
- Puts equipment away in Branch warehouse.
- Performs any other duties assigned.
Education & Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years similar experience.
- 2-year HVAC certificate, including Universal Refrigeration Certificate is required.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required, and experience with an MRP or Rental software package desired.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical and drug test to be able to drive our vehicles.
- Must be able to pass a motor vehicle report test (MVR) and possess a valid drivers’ license.
- Must possess ability to lift/move equipment up to 50 lbs. by using Mobile Air safe lifting practices.
Resolute Industrial, LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Resolute Industrial, LLC