- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
About Mobile Air & Power Rentals
Mobile Air provides temporary cooling, heating, dehumidification, and power solutions. With our rental portable air conditioners, cooling towers, chillers, heaters, dehumidifiers, generators, and power distribution, we can cover all power and HVAC rental needs nationwide. We provide solutions that help people save time and money by renting the equipment that builds our communities, improve businesses, and helps create memories at special events. If you have a passion for helping others, then join a $65 billion industry that reflects today’s sharing world by creating experiences that change communities—and lives.
Discover your purpose – work in rental!
Our Service Managers are responsible for overseeing the operations of a branch with a staff of 1-12 Service Technicians. This position is responsible for leading branch service operations to consistently improve our customer experience. As the face of Mobile Air, proactive communication and high service levels are the ultimate measure of effectiveness. This position works in conjunction with the outside sales personnel assigned to this location to support our customers in this territory. This person will also interact with the inside salesperson responsible for this location to ensure timely processing and delivery of rental equipment to customer sites.
- Takes customer orders from sales department or branch manager, fills orders and delivers to customer
- Provide an experience for the customer that will drive them back for future business
- Installs equipment if required
- For heating equipment, runs temporary hoses from equipment to hook-up to natural gas or propane sources
- Runs flexible ductwork as required for temporary application
- Uses appropriate PPE at all times and fall protection as required
- Performs equipment start-up
- Performs service repairs as required
- When customer is finished with equipment, picks up equipment from customer location, noting what equipment was returned
- Performs equipment reconditioning as per reconditioning work instructions for that type of equipment, and completes any checklist as required
- Puts equipment away in Branch warehouse
- Able to clean chillers and large air conditioning equipment
- Able to pull required accessories from inventory to ship with chiller or large AC order
- Assists and/or loads chillers and large air conditioning equipment
- Able to start-up and troubleshoot oil fired heating equipment
- Able to troubleshoot and repair Air Conditioning equipment including repairing and charging refrigerant circuits
- Aids and supports the installation of air-cooled chillers and large package HVAC rental equipment
- Leads efforts to consistently improve our customer experience. Our greatest growth lever comes from existing customers built around a positive customer experience.
- Leads and manages deployment of service processes and procedures within the branch and ensures they are followed consistently.
- Leads branch service team to ensure positive employee and customer satisfaction, including the execution of service tech growth opportunities, service team accountability, and annual performance evaluations.
- Work with employees to provide a safe and productive work environment.
- Communicates Service Group goals, provides resources and direction, and ensures goals are met.
- Through implementation of service procedures and audits of those procedures, drives consistency in the service operation processes at the branch.
- Confirms business is being conducted in alignment with core values.
- Evaluates service tool needs, safety PPE needs, branch inventory, and ensures branch MRO are done correctly and to Mobile Air guidelines.
- Ensures Service Technicians are properly trained to PM, test, and install rental equipment, small BTU heaters and small tonnage AC equipment.
- Ensures branch service operations are meeting expectations and utilize a voice of the customer approach to receive feedback from internal customers as well as external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years’ experience in HVAC rental industry or similar experience required, preferably as a service manager.
- Associates degree from an accredited vocational college preferred.
- 2-year HVAC certificate and/or Universal Refrigeration Certificate or equivalent experience is preferred
- Minimum 1-3 year of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required, and experience with an MRP or Rental software package desired.
- Must be a proven self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills are required for this position.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, willing to take ownership of tasks, possess a positive attitude, and exhibit professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess ability to lift/move equipment up to 50 lbs. using Mobile Air safe lifting practices.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical and drug test to be able to drive our vehicles.
- Must be able to pass a motor vehicle report test (MVR) and possess a valid driver’s license
- Customer Service aptitude
- Mechanical aptitude
- Desire to learn
- Competitive hourly pay
- Quarterly bonus!
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays)
- Career development
- Employee discount programs
Resolute Industrial, LLCClinton, MD
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.