Power Distribution - Electrical Reliability Engineering
Resiliency LLC Richmond, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
• Be site electrical power distribution subject matter expert to understand and evaluate continuity risks to businesses and effectively communicate with site and area leadership teams that are impacted.
• Own the site electrical infrastructure with completing required Hazard and Infrastructure audits.
• Lead of facilitate root cause failure analysis efforts related to site power distribution and other disciplines using Apollo methodology.
• Interface with area Maintenance Engineers and provide power distribution engineering support for all aspects of manufacturing. This includes coordinating medium voltage and low voltage PMs for ~50 substations that support the businesses.
• Participates in the Site and Corporate Electrical Safety Teams with the efforts to establish electrical safety culture in the organization and the continuous improvement of electrical standards for the site.
• Interface with Veolia and the local utility company on issues related to incoming high voltage source to the site.
• Troubleshoot controls issues with the operations and electrical team as required.
• Lead efforts teams to upgrade electrical infrastructure ranging in scope from incremental change outs to major technology changes.
• Provide electrical design support on site capital improvement projects. This will include scope and review of site projects (<$1MM) and ensure these installations meet local and national electrical standards.
• Provide guidance for reliability program for electrical equipment, including specific work and preventative maintenance procedures.
• Finalize arc flash settings for site, maintain existing arc flash information using SKM software.
• Implement and maintain coordination settings for 480V substations through to the load.
Job Qualification Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or 10+ years relevant industrial experience
• 5-7 years of plant manufacturing experience
• Working knowledge of E&I drawings including electrical schematics, logic diagrams and P&I diagrams
• Ability to use drawings, diagnostic data and field observations to troubleshoot power distribution issues
• Ability to size electrical installations and specify equipment when necessary for site upgrades and changes.
• Experience abiding to NEC and NFPA 70 codes and safety standards.
• Demonstrated ability to perform electrical work safely and effectively in an industrial environment.
• Experience with GE, Westinghouse, Eaton low voltage switchgear
• Experience with GE and Allen Bradley low voltage MCC equipment
• Experience with GE 750 relay, SEL 751 relays and SEL RTAC communication equipment
• Experience with large dry type and liquid filled transformers
• Experience with Apollo RCI methodology and charting
• Understanding of Safety and process interlocks, PFD calculations,
• Understanding of electrical standards and Process Safety Management (PSM) process and value for safety rules and procedures.
• Good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to learn and work independently.
• Ability to collaborate with others including operators, mechanics, engineers, and management
• Ability to mentor the site electrical team
• Support substation diagnostics
• Working knowledge of electrical systems that are B-phase grounded as well as high resistance ground systems. The site currently has both in service.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Resiliency LLC