Electrical Applications Technical Program Leader
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Define a framework to assess products that are suitable for replacing thermoset in electrical parts and components.
- Understand applications, customer needs, processing, and design requirements to generate consistent dataset among various product and technology options for key properties including mechanical, electrical, thermal, flow-ability, recyclability, color-ability.
- Lead material characterization and testing over lifetime of 25 years per assessment framework above and support data-driven value proposition development.
- Develop a manual on replacing ‘thermoset and metal’ with thermoplastics – material selection, design, molding, troubleshooting
- Work closely with global electrical segment team to support and accelerate on-going thermoset replacement projects.
- Design content and lead technical seminars focused on ‘thermoset replacement’ to identify new opportunities and establish concrete projects.
- Build relationship and intimacy with engineering project teams at target customers to be able to define needs, clarify CTQs, gain competitive insights, provide design and technical support to win projects.
- Identify and propose new product development opportunities in collaboration with commercial team.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Chemistry or Science related major.
- 3+ years of experience in Experience in Design, Engineering and Material Selection of Low and Medium Voltage Electrical Components (Circuit breakers, Contactors, Switchgears, Protection Relays, Coil Forms etc.)
- Experience in working directly with large well-known electrical equipment makers
Advanced degree in Polymer Chemistry, Engineering or Science related major
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- In-depth knowledge of the various thermoset materials (Phenolic, Epoxy, BMC/SMC and Urea) and thermoplastics like polyamides (PA), HTN (PPA), PBT, PET that are used in electrical applications.
- Strong understanding of electrical specifications (i.e. CTI, Arc Tracking, Arc Resistance, HWI, etc.) and test standards (i.e. ASTM D495, ASTM D257/IEC 60093, UL 746B, etc.)
- Knowledge on design, parts molding and qualification process requirements
- Collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills
TechnologyView all jobs at Resiliency LLC