Director Of Operations - 1043670
- Posted: over a month ago
The Director of Operations is a change leader who is responsible for providing leadership, planning, and direction to the Demand Planning department and warehouse operations. Day-to-day operational responsibilities include maintenance, sourcing, receiving, machining, and shipping. This position will support and create procedures and processes within the warehouse area and work closely with other departments and business unit leaders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise and oversee the Demand Planning department and warehouse facility.
- Provide leadership in supply chain management to create value and minimize risk to the operation and to the organization. Deliver process to ensure optimization of supply chain partnerships focusing on performance, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Drive world-class Operation Excellence initiatives through integrated demand management, supply chain performance, product rationalization, and application of Lean Manufacturing Initiatives within Wild Republic delivering improved operational leverage.
- Primary interface between operations and the leadership team on issues, information, and activities relating to operational performance and its impact on the organizations financial and strategic growth.
- Participate in improvements to MRP and ERP systems.
- Initiate, evaluate, and recommend procedure and process improvements to mitigate plant, supplier, or customer issues.
- Recommend and evaluate new equipment for all phases of warehousing.
- Develop and deploy key manufacturing metrics to optimize the ability to make effective and efficient decisions that improve the operations performance and drive accountability throughout the organization. Key deliverables include on-time delivery along with quality and costing targets.
o On-Time Delivery and Key Customer Performance Metrics
o Sales, Profit, and Budget goals
o Supplier Quality Metrics and Audits
o Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Reporting
o Tracking and Reporting: Customer Complaints, Returns and Customer Surveys
o Maintain Vendor Approval Process
o Cost of Quality Performance
o Lean Implementation, Five S
- Ensure that all employees are operating equipment safely as well as meeting quality assurance and reliability standards; and production equipment is maintained and updated as necessary.
- Monitor and evaluate individual employee job performance using conversations and/or formal written performance reviews, including the creation of goals and development plans.
- Coordinate and manage direct reports including professional development, coaching, and guidance.
- Facilitate recommendations for pay changes, bonuses, and/or promotions for direct reports.
- Partner with Human Resources to initiate and execute corrective counseling for subordinates when necessary.
- Provide direction related to creating and sustaining both a Culture of Quality and Continuous Improvement inside the organization. Deliver world class results.
- Deliver world leading standards of customer service.
Perform all duties with attention to detail; right the first time.
- Record of managing projects & teams
- Process improvement experience
- Leading daily operations in warehouse
- Logistics excellence
- Proven warehouse experience
- Good organization, planning & time management skills
- Prior WMS experience
- Proven ability to successfully lead a team
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift mainly light to medium weights
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing
Education and Experience
- 10 years of experience in a related industry or discipline with focus on Operational Excellence. Experience in Manufacturing Engineering very beneficial. Minimum 5 years of experience in an operational leadership role.
- 4-year degree with emphasis in Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Business, or Quality required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and distribution, technology, process improvements, root cause analysis, ISO experience, tooling, project costing methods, assembly procedures, bill of materials structure, and computer skills.
- Specific education and training in quality disciplines including ISO9000, Continuous Improvement, Lean-Six Sigma, and Total Quality Management
- Proven track-record' for implementing cost reductions, scrap reduction and process improvements.
- Excellent project management and problem assessment and solving methodology
- Ability to identify organization needs, and employee development.
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with leaders at the customer, segment, and corporate level.
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral; active listener; skilled at group presentations.
- Strong analytical skills / Ability to generate solutions to technical problems - Must demonstrate an effective and disciplined approach to problem solving.
- A commitment to continuous learning.
- High level of enthusiasm and energy / Ability to multitask
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Tow motor experience a plus
- Lean certification
- Business Central
- Microsoft Navision
- Demand Works
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- 8:30am to 5:00pm Mon-Fri
- None travel to the new warehouse?
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
BusinessView all jobs at Resilience Group