- Posted: June 22, 2022
The Residential Real Estate Council (RRC), was established in 1976 to provide real estate brokers with shared knowledge and tools. Recognizing the need for advanced education, the Council developed training courses for sales agents and established the Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) Designation.
Headquartered in downtown Chicago, the RRC is recognized as the leading provider of real estate education and networking for residential real estate agents, and the CRS Designation is considered the most prestigious designations a real estate agent can achieve.
Temporary Staff Accountant with Financial Planning and Analysis Duties (lasting 4 - 6 months)
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical support to process RRC funds and ensure accuracy and efficiency of operations. The Staff Accountant helps ensure the business adheres to generally accepted accounting principles. The Staff Accountant will report to the Finance Director.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Development and maintenance of monthly financial and variance reports combined with a process to capture the information from each internal manager with reporting responsibilities.
- Provide financial support to the accounting teams related to reporting and metrics in a timely manner.
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with our NetSuite Planning and Budgeting system (Oracle Cloud EPM)
Accounts Receivable Processing
- Create and send invoices and transfer requests to all RRC internal and external course sponsors.
- Create and send invoices and transfer requests for all Elective offerings.
- Enter and record payments and data into various systems. Apply monies to correct classes, instructors, courses, and sponsors.
- Follow up on unpaid invoices directly with sponsors and instructors (past due for more than 30 days) using appropriate follow-up.
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, posting, and recording accounts receivable data.
Accounts Payable Processing
- Maintain Purchase Order Processing system.
- Receive, verify, and post invoices including course fees and expenses
- Review requests, prepare, process, and distribute accounts payable payments.
- Prepare and maintain accounts payable database and records.
- Review expense reports.
- Maintain the general ledger.
- Print and distribute monthly financial reports.
- Analyze and verify completeness, consistency, and compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Resolve discrepancies.
- Enters, updates, and verifies data into various systems.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Communicate and work with the appropriate vendors.
- Record journal entries.
- Account reconciliations.
- Create/maintain procedures.
- Assist with Use tax filings.
- Identify and recommend processing and reporting efficiencies.
- Identify and propose effective analytics
- Special projects as they arise.
- Bachelor's degree and more than 5 years of experience in finance or accounting or a related area
- CPA Preferred but not required
Knowledge and Experience
General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics in Oracle Cloud EPM and/or NetSuite Planning and Budgeting
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the big picture
- Demonstrated ability to influence others through effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects across an organization
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid organization with downtown Chicago location
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance starts on your first day! (You only pay for Medical. We pay for Dental and Vision for you)
- Generous PTO & paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Philanthropy events (We pay you to volunteer!)
- Corporate workout facility
- Casual dress code (Wearing jeans to work is not a trend but a lifestyle here!)
- We want to celebrate you... so we give you your birthday off!
- Happy hour events (Food, drinks and great company!)
- Unlimited coffee & tea on tap...
The Residential Real Estate Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Residential Real Estate Council
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Residential Real Estate Council