We are seeking an experienced Apartment Maintenance Supervisor to join our team and work at two of our properties in Chattanooga, TN. If you have apartment maintenance experience and think you could be a good fit, please apply today!
Maintenance SupervisorPosition Summary:
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, preventive maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for an apartment community. Responsible for walking and accepting units from construction, maintaining adequate inventory of supplies for repairs and monthly maintenance budget monitoring. Must be flexible and able to work varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required.
- Supervises, schedules and performs maintenance activities for apartment community along with maintenance staff.
- Work with the office team and Property Manager (i.e., walking apartments, move-in/move-out reports, etc.).
- Determine weekly apartment make-ready and Service Request schedules.
- Report apartments that are ready to show to the Property Manager.
- Complete weekly/daily maintenance employee schedules and assignments in tandem with Property Manager.
- Communicate assignments and tasks to employees. Make sure they have all the instructions necessary to complete assignment properly.
- Periodically check the work progress of each maintenance employee. Provide immediate assistance and instruction as needed.
- Provide input to Property Manager regarding employee performance evaluations, employee compliments from residents, corrective counseling needs, etc.
- Assist Property Manager in recruiting and interviewing potential staff members.
- Coordinate, schedule and respond to resident/management requests and Service Request for occupied apartments.
- Use Service Request and schedules to establish priorities. Determine with Property Manager, requests or emergencies that should be top priority.
- Assign Service Requests equally to Maintenance Technician(s).
- Monitor the completion of Service Requests in order to limit call backs.
- Coordinate warranty work orders with Vendors.
- Monitor the number of times a specific repair must be repeated. Determine course of action.
- Coordinate, schedule and prepare vacant apartments for move-in.
- Walk all vacant units to determine make-ready needs. Coordinate effort with Property Manager to make schedule and assignments. If major appliances or carpets need replacing, discuss with Property Manager before taking action.
- Ensure all repairs/replacements necessary for apartment to be occupied are completed.
- Ensure all trash from apartments are cleaned out before, during and after make-ready activity.
- Coordinate and schedule appropriate safety and skills training for maintenance employees.
- Assess training needs of maintenance employees and along with Property Manager and Director of Maintenance, provide input for training programs.
- Provide one-on-one training to employees that may need to polish current skills or wish to learn new skills.
- Prepare, train and encourage all levels of maintenance staff for the opportunity to be promoted.
- Provide initial safety and safety equipment training for all new employees.
- Identify and correct hazardous community conditions.
- Tour property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and report to Property Manager.
- Repair hazards or assign completion of these tasks to the Maintenance Technicians. Also secure storage/pool areas, check timers and listen for electrical shorts and malfunctioning motors.
- Periodically complete written property safety audits.
- Coordinate, schedule, and perform preventive maintenance on equipment and apartments.
- Order supplies while managing maintenance budget.
- Work with Property Manager and use input from maintenance staff to determine supplies and equipment needs.
- Must get approval from Property Manager prior to placing orders for major expenditures and unbudgeted items.
- Provide input to Property Manager in determining needs for next fiscal year budget.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
- May be requested to assist in other communities, if needed
- Assist with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, freezes, etc.
- Responsible for overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops.
- Attends and participates in industry and Company’s training programs as required.
- responsible for vendor management, contract monitoring and quality control
- Performs the tasks of subordinate associates as needed
- Perform any and all other duties as requested or assigned by your supervisor / manager.
- This job description does not list all functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by the Company management team.
Skills & Abilities Required
- SPECIFIC SKILLS/EQUIPMENT
- Propane torch (Plumbing)
- Steam clean/shampoo machine
- Key machine
- Sewer machine
- Sink machine
- Leak detector
- Ampro meter
- Volt meter
- Manifold gauges
- Charging cylinders
- Spray paint rig
- Air conditioners
- Water heaters
- Welding torches (A/C)
- Hand tools
- Must be able to perform all facets of apartment make-ready.
- On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc.
- Must be able to deal with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities and supervising employees.
- Will interact regularly with residents, vendors, contractors, supervisors, employees and coworkers and therefore, must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize duties and responsibilities.
- Attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work with little direction maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
- Be a team player
Residential Property Management