JOB TITLE – Medication Technician-Part-Time
To apply, please go to https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=13197&clientkey=A3F9609B35BAA5B8980E18B5DAAEE951
SCOPE & PURPOSE
Under the daily direction of the Director of Nursing, the Medication Technicianis responsible for giving medication to residents and assist residents with activities of daily living as provided by the Maryland Department of Aging. (S)he may be asked to perform other duties as assigned, as per the Director of Nursing.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
· Assists residents with activities of daily living as provided by the Maryland Department of
· Aging: Assists residents with bathing by washing backs, feet, and assisting resident with towel drying or by being a friendly presence while resident bathes self. Occasionally assist with dressing. Must be able to transport resident in wheel chair. Must be able to transport laundry and breakfast cart.
- Able to perform simple manipulative tasks such as buttons, snaps, buckles, ties and opening bottles and assist with ADL’s.
- Must be able to continuously articulate ideas and instructions clearly and precisely.
- Must be able to continuously observe and notice a change in the residents’ condition and report problems to their supervisor.
- Able to receive verbal instruction. Must also be able to respond to audible emergency signals, alarms, and able to answer the phone. Must be able to detect the smell of smoke, spoiled food, etc.
- Able to concentrate on moderate details with frequent interruptions.
- Projects positive public relations image when dealing with residents and families, employees, visitors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living.
- Reminds residents when it is time to take their medications and documents their own and the resident=s actions legibly and accurately.
- Prepares dining room for and serves meal to residents. Clears dining room of soiled dishes and cleans and prepares tables and chairs for next meal.
- Escorts residents to and from special activities and dining room as needed. May on occasion escort resident to and from activities and Physical Therapy in the Stein and Moskowitz Buildings.
- Escort residents to and from the convenience store for grocery shopping or shop for the resident at the convenience store per their request.
- Assist residents with bathing, i.e., wash back, feet, hair.
- When necessary, assists residents when in the dining room with cutting food.
- Assists new resident in becoming oriented to the building and its routines.
- Removes soiled laundry from the resident’s apartments and washes, folds and returns laundry.
- Keeps laundry room and equipment clean.
- Administer medication to residents participating in the Medication Administration Program and documents the residents actions per the policies outlined in the Homecrest House Assisted Housing Medication Administration Program.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident care information and assures resident’s rights and privacy is protected at all times.
- Performs other reasonable tasks as requested by supervisor.
High school diploma or its equivalent is required and must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Current holder of Certified Nursing Assistant and Medication license or its equivalent or candidate for the same. If candidate, must obtain license within 3 months of hire date. Communicates effectively verbally or in writing or with electronic equipment in English to make self-understood by residents, coworkers, families and the public. Must be honest, dependable and exhibit a warm, cheerful and caring manner.
· Able to stand for prolonged periods of time and can push, pull, and bend.
- Able to continuously stand and walk; frequently squat, bend, climb stairs, bend to the floor, reach over the shoulders, kneel, twist, sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
· Ability to lift up to 20 pounds frequently, and 40 pounds occasionally.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Residential One that no person within the jurisdiction thereof shall, on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination or harassment (including all forms of sexual harassment and sexual violence).