Leasing/Recertification Specialist - Requisition (31131)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SCOPE & PURPOSE
Under the daily direction of the Assistant Property Manager (if applicable) or Property Manager, the Leasing/Recertification Specialist is responsible for the leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations of multi-family residential apartments. (S)he may be asked to perform other duties as assigned, as per their Manager and/or Regional Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Inspect models and available “market ready”, and communicate related service needs.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to client’s needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again.
- Secure new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Accept rental payments and give immediately to the appropriate party.
- Provide receipt of funds received from resident.
- Post funds to resident’s account, or immediately give to appropriate person.
- Maintain current resident files.
- Distribute Re-certification notices per required guidelines.
- Prepare and process Re-certifications timely per require
- Maintain and record daily inspections for the community.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases and renewals (if applicable).
- Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently on assignments
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Request.
- Maintain open communication with supervisor(s), as well as residential staff.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed.
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Attend all classes or company functions as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years’ apartment management experience
- LIHTC experience - Previous tax credit experience and deep knowledge of tax credit program
- Experience with local and federal laws and regulations required
- High energy, assertive and creative individual that has the knowledge, experience and commitment to get the job done
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Above average overall computer skills a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully and efficiently lead team
- Commitment to customer service focus
- Strong organizational and follow through skills
- Yardi Voyager experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have written and verbal bilingual skills (English/Spanish)
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Residential One that no person within the jurisdiction thereof shall, on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination or harassment (including all forms of sexual harassment and sexual violence).
Depending on the age and needs of the residents for the property you are seeking employment, you may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be hired. The hiring manager will notify you if vaccination is a requirement during your initial interview.
Great work-life balance, medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, 401k matching, generous time off, mental health support and a FREE gift sent directly to your home in the first month of employment! Who doesn’t like gifts?!
We are committed to creating the best apartment living experience for our residents through award winning management.
We are also dedicated to providing our clients with customized, creative, and thoughtful management and real estate services.
We believe that success is created through a powerful combination of expertise, experience, and a commitment to offering the highest level of service to our residents, clients, and fellow team members.
Residential One LLC
Real EstateView all jobs at Residential One LLC
Get fresh Direct Support Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.