Director of Maintenance - Requisition (27950)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
DIRECTOR OF MAINTENANCE
Supervision and Direction:
The Director of Maintenance receives general supervision and direction from the Administrator and will comply with established policies and operational procedures. In the absence of the Manager/Administrator, the Director of Maintenance will accept advice and instruction from the Regional Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Maintenance is responsible for all maintenance and grounds operations. The Director directs the employees in these departments, orders and controls the necessary supplies, and oversees any contractual services in these areas.
Specifically, the Director of Maintenance:
1. Supervises and efficiently runs the maintenance and grounds departments.
2. Provides personnel management to include hiring, firing, counseling and evaluation according to company policy to the employees in the maintenance and grounds departments.
3. Controls distribution and inventories for maintenance and grounds.
4. Assumes compliance with all applicable OSHA standards, DSS regulations, Department of Health regulations, and any other regulatory bodies.
5. Develops and ensures compliance with work schedules for department employees.
6. Controls costs in conjunction with the Administrator and budget guidelines.
7. Conducts in-service training programs for the staff.
8. Inspects all public areas and grounds daily to ensure cleanliness and safety, proper operations, and proper documentation. Consults with Administrator concerning deficiencies.
9. Provides a written list of deficiencies and the implementation, schedule and budget for repairs of noted deficiencies to the Administrator. Such lists will outline specific conditions or situations, exact locations and recommendations for corrective actions.
10. Assigns work orders as necessary.
11. Works a set schedule to cover peak operational periods, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Will vary set schedule when a maintenance procedure requires.
12. Provides on-call emergency availability. If not available during off hours, will notify Administrator or Regional Director.
13. Practices safety procedures and complies with established reporting of accidents and injuries.
14. Works closely with Admissions Director to assure smooth "turnover" of units.
15. Performs any other related duties that may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Residential One that no person within the jurisdiction thereof shall, on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination or harassment (including all forms of sexual harassment and sexual violence).
Depending on the age and needs of the residents for the property you are seeking employment, you may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be hired. The hiring manager will notify you if vaccination is a requirement during your initial interview.
We are committed to creating the best apartment living experience for our residents through award winning management.
We are also dedicated to providing our clients with customized, creative, and thoughtful management and real estate services.
We believe that success is created through a powerful combination of expertise, experience, and a commitment to offering the highest level of service to our residents, clients, and fellow team members.
Residential One LLCWhy Work Here?
Great work-life balance, medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, 401k matching, generous time off, mental health support, etc.
ResidentialONE is a premiere property management company in the mid-Atlantic region. We are committed to creating the best apartment living experience for our residents through award winning management. We are also dedicated to providing our clients with customized, creative, and thoughtful management and real estate services. We believe that success is created through a powerful combination of expertise, experience, and a commitment to offering the highest level of service to our residents, clients, and fellow team members.
AddressSilver Spring, MD