Residential Design Services Manassas, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
The Sr. Account/ Accounting Manager maintains and controls the General Ledger and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records. The primary function of the role is to ensure that all financial reporting is accurate and timely by providing accurate reconciliation of accounts, processing of ledger entries and various analyses and calculations.
- Complete the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting Department including closing entries, general ledger reconciliations, inventory audits, review and analysis.
- Perform the processing of functional expense allocations, inventory transactions, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Perform general accounts reconciliations and analyses, ensuring no unreconciled differences by account.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as monthly financial statements, and interim financial reporting.
- Work effectively and efficiently with other departments and functional areas.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Consistently review accounting procedures and suggest ideas to improve processes.
- Support and review quarter end physical inventory counts and ensure all items are completed accurately and per policy.
- Support all internal and external audits as needed
- Timely and accurate processing of all sales and use tax requirements for local agencies.
- Partnering with finance to build budgets/forecasts and track, analyze, and report the results and how they compare to prior periods, budget, and forecast.
- Investigate unusual and/or unexpected fluctuations
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills, including ability to convey correct accounting principles to non-accounting personnel.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to demonstrate and maintain a friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions. Communicates clearly and concisely.
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Organization, attention to detail and the ability to analyze data.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Master of Accountancy a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2-4 years industry experience
- 2-4 years Big Four Public Accounting experience a plus
- Master of Accountancy, and CPA are plusses.
Residential Design Services
Residential Design Services an industry leader and Intown Design partnering with builders to offer their homebuyers a brilliant interior design experience, while delivering outstanding quality, products, installations and service.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Residential Design Services