Chief Maintenance Engineer
Residence Inn Houston Medical Center/NRG Park Houston, TX
- Posted: 20 days ago
- $50,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
US: The Residence Inn by Marriott Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, managed by Moody National Management LP, is looking for a Chief Engineer to join our team.
YOU: Have a passion for making things work and keeping them working. You care for guests and for their experience when staying at your property. You like working with your hands to solve problems, whether electrical, plumbing, HVAC, or painting. Your focus on the customer experience is the backbone of the hotel.
WHY: We are offering a $500 hiring bonus for this position!
ALSO: For full-time associates we offer competitive pay, flexible scheduling opportunities, paid time off, and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with Employer Match.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: We are offering career opportunities, not just jobs. If you are scared, or feel you don’t have the qualifications, apply anyway! We don’t hire off of key words. We hire real living people who have voices and we want to hear. If you are smart you can learn what you need.
LAST THING: Don’t ignore this opportunity. Apply Now!
The Chief Engineer ensures the effective and efficient operation of the hotel’s physical assets and grounds by implementing a routine preventative maintenance program, carrying out needed repairs in a timely and cost-effective manner, and managing assigned staff effectively.
• Effectively manage department employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, and motivate employees; conduct performance reviews; resolve problems; take disciplinary action; and recommend termination of employment, as necessary; develop weekly staffing schedules to optimize staff productivity.
• Develop, implement, and manage a maintenance program and negotiate maintenance contracts for the hotel, in compliance with Company/brand standards and Federal/State codes and regulations to ensure the safety, convenience and satisfaction of all guests, managers, and employees.
• Implement Emergency Programs; ensure related equipment is maintained; conduct inspections and drills; train employees on emergency procedures; maintain accurate records to ensure a safe environment which protects the assets, guests, and employees.
• Develop, implement and manage an energy conservation program for the hotel to minimize expense
• Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project, and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed for minimal cost.
• Inventory tools, equipment, and supplies monthly; order supplies and equipment for the department, as needed; maintain cost-effective inventory levels.
• Contribute to the development of the department’s annual budget, including the identification of needed and potential capital expenditures; monitor actual results to meet/exceed goals.
• Implement Company or Brand programs in accordance with established procedures and comply with all related Federal/State laws and regulations to ensure a high level of quality and customer satisfaction.
• Resolve guest complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
• Complete special projects and participate in task forces/committees, as assigned.
• Directly supervises the efforts and staff of the Maintenance Department
• Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering.
• Advanced mechanical competencies.
• Solid supervisory/management skills, especially in areas of recruitment, coaching, and counseling.
• Good written and verbal communication skills; must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Solid negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
• At least entry level computer skills. Supervisory experience.
• Good command of the English language; second language proficiency desirable
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Ability to maintain customer focus
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to follow corporate and brand standards and procedures
Experience and Education:
• High School education or equivalent work experience.
• At least 2 years college level education or certification training.
• HVAC Certification.
• 5+ years of experience in hotel engineering.
• 2+ years in a Supervisor position.
• Minimum training required per year as assigned by the company.
• Any additional training required by manager.
• This job operates in a hotel environment. This role routinely uses standard maintenance equipment.
• Use of water treatments, cleaning solutions, degreasers, coil cleaners, paint thinners, gasoline and other chemicals.
• On Call is required.
• This position works indoors and outdoors.
Residence Inn Houston Medical Center/NRG Park
7807 Kirby DrHouston, TX