Research Associate II
- $29 to $31 Hourly
The Research Associate II will conduct routine to complex experimental procedures within the overall scope of a research project and /or diagnostic test development project. Maintains all appropriate records regarding data collection and interpretation of results. Familiar with basic molecular biology concepts, practices and procedures including cell culture, PCR, RT-PCR, sequencing, nucleic acid extraction, ELISA and use of fluorescence-based nucleic acid detection techniques. Participates in team meetings and discussions.
Essential Job Functions
- Overseeing or working independently on small projects.
- Appropriately documents experimental procedures and results according to established guidelines.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance and cleaning.
- Submits weekly reports to their supervisor.
- Participates in lab procedures and safety.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High standards of courtesy and cooperation between co-workers
- Ability to perform repetitive work or continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills, using Microsoft Office such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word to generate reports and presentations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science with 2 to 3 years experience required
- Master of Science degree preferred
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in academic research or industry
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk or standing and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up-to 15 pounds at times.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.