Job Title: HSE Connect Office Assistant
PVN ID: BM-2001-003467
Category: Clerical/Office Services
Location: BOROUGH OF MANHATTAN C. C.
Hour(s) a week19.00
Closing DateMar 13, 2020 (Or Until Filled)
- Google +
The HSE Connect initiative will create a seamless pathway to postsecondary education for New York City based, justice system involved adult learners who need their high school equivalency (HSE) diploma through a partnership between the Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) of John Jay College of Criminal Justice and the Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center. This initiative seeks to serve justice system-involved adults leaving the Rikers Island Jail complex, New York State correctional facilities, and those connected to community based organizations, who lack a high school diploma or HSE credential.
The new MEOC HSE Connect Office Assistant will:
- Process participant applications and documentation; enter participant data with accuracy into data systems; coordinate the filing of paper documentation.
- Enter data into tracking systems of the MEOC, PRI and/or NYC Opportunity; run reports as requested.
- Work closely with the Coordinator in preparing invoices, and tracking payments in the RFCUNY system.
- Answer phones and engage with prospective participants.
- Participate in event planning and logistics, make rounds of reminder and follow-up phone calls, prepare and organize materials, and provide support during special events.
- Order and maintain supplies and office equipment.
- Assist HSE Connect participants in accessing supplemental education and supportive services.
- Support generating reports to PRI and/or NYC Opportunity as requested.
- Support social media pages including Instagram, Facebook, CCP website, etc.
- General office administrative duties and other duties as assigned.
This HSE Connect position is located at the Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center, at 163 West 125th Street, New York, NY. This is a grant funded position with support from the NYC Office for Economic Opportunity. Continued employment in this position is contingent upon ongoing funding. This position supports the daily administrative functions of the HSE Connect initiative including, but not limited to the duties listed below.
The ideal candidate will have the following core competencies and qualifications.
- Attention to detail and organization and an ability to maintain well-organized records.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; customer-service orientated.
- Excellent communication skills (written, telephone, and in-person).
- Advanced computer and data analysis skills. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 including Outlook calendars, Word, and Excel required.
- Preferred knowledge of student record systems such as Banner and reporting systems such as Argos.
- Ability to work within a team and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Commitment to the educational advancement of low-income adults aspiring to college-going.
- Associate degree required or currently pursuing a college degree; applicants with significant credit attainment towards a college degree yet not currently attending will be considered provided that they have the other qualifications
- Minimum two years' experience in an office support position
- Background in adult education, HSE Attainment, college access, serving a justice involved population and Spanish fluency preferred