PDC SOFTWARE ENGINEER II – ID# 220232.
Pacific Disaster Center. Regular, Full-Time, RCUH Non-Civil Service position with the Pacific Disaster Center (PDC), located in Kihei, Maui, Hawai‘i. Telework is permissible with the Principal Investigator’s (PI) approval. Continuation of employment is dependent upon program/operational needs, satisfactory work performance, availability of funds, and compliance with applicable Federal/State laws.
MONTHLY SALARY: Salary commensurate with qualifications.
- Under the general supervision of the PDC Director of Information Technology, gathers and analyzes requirements, and co-authors design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of the PDC software solutions in support for the emergency management community.
- The software solutions may range from internet/intranet programming to the development of client/server applications, integration and deployment of applications, and interface designs using various technologies.
- Utilizes and follows source code version control system procedures and policies.
- Works with the System Support group to install tools, and configure development workstation and related server(s).
- Analyzes and evaluates various solutions, enhancements, and constraints, and provides recommendations and Level of Effort (LOE) estimates for projects.
- Works with other PDC groups (e.g., development, systems, data, and analysis) developing, debugging, and troubleshooting software.
PRIMARY QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field. (At least three (3) years of college-level coursework towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field and at least one (1) year of related experience may substitute for a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.).
- At least four (4) years of experience in software engineering and applications development and integration, and experience in the following specific fields: Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) (e.g., Oracle) including writing SQL and PL/SQL; Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) or Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) or Java Servlets; Web services including Eclipse or Websphere Rational Apps; Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) or JAVA servlets development process, testing, database design and deployment; Message Queue Software (e.g., WebSphere MQ); Unix or Linux System administration; and Integrated development environments (IDEs) (e.g., Eclipse).
- Up to one (0-1) year of experience in the following specified fields are required: Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) protocol and principles of object oriented programming.
- Good working knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) (e.g., Oracle), including writing SQL and PL/SQL, and Open Database Connectivity (ODBC)/Java Database Connectivity (JDBC).
- Knowledge of webservices, including Eclipse or Websphere Rational Apps.
- Knowledge of principles of object-oriented programming, Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) or JAVA servlets development process, testing, database design, and deployment.
- Knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) protocol, Message Queue Software (such as Websphere MQ), Unix or Linux system administration.
- Proficient in object-oriented design and programming with demonstrated expertise in Java and related environments.
POLICY AND/OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, employee will be subject to all applicable RCUH policies and procedures and, as applicable, subject to University of Hawai‘i's and/or business entity's policies and procedures. Violation of RCUH's, UH's, or business entity's policies and/or procedures or applicable State or Federal laws and/or regulations may lead to disciplinary action (including, but not limited to possible termination of employment, personal fines, civil and/or criminal penalties, etc.).
INQUIRIES: Scott Okada 891-7922 (Maui).
Please apply directly on the RCUH website to be considered for the position.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Please go to www.rcuh.com and click on “Job Postings.” You must submit the following documents online to be considered for the position: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume, 3) Supervisory References, 4) Copy of Degree(s)/Transcript(s)/Certificate(s). All online applications must be submitted/received by the closing date (11:59 P.M. Hawai‘i Standard Time/RCUH receipt time) as stated on the job posting. If you do not have access to our system and the closing date is imminent, you may send additional documents to email@example.com. If you have questions on the application process and/or need assistance, please call (808)956-8344 or (808)956-0872.
CLOSING DATE: June 22, 2020.
RCUH’s mission is to support and enhance research, development and training in Hawai‘i, with a focus on the University of Hawai‘i.
Equal Opportunities Employer – Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran.