PDC SENIOR DOD ANALYST (FLORIDA) – ID# 220262.
Pacific Disaster Center. Regular, Full-Time, RCUH Non-Civil Service position with the Pacific Disaster Center (PDC), located at U.S. Southern Command (USSOUTHCOM) in Doral, Florida. Continuation of employment is dependent upon program/operational needs, satisfactory work performance, availability of funds, and compliance with applicable Federal/State laws.
MINIMUM MONTHLY SALARY: $4,295/Mon.
- Provides direct support to U.S. Southern Command (USSOUTHCOM) by serving as the primary PDC liaison.
- Utilizes PDC products, services and standard operational procedures (SOP’s) to support USSOUTHCOM situational awareness and operational needs for disaster preparedness and response.
- Develops, distributes, and speaks to PDC analytical and situational awareness products, reports, and templates.
- Monitors and assesses hazards and events, including the integration of hazards, situational awareness products, and information into PDC’s all-hazard warning and decision support platform, DisasterAWARE.
- Develops PDC products and services to brief USSOUTHCOM leadership for situational awareness.
- Supports USSOUTHCOM exercises and response activities for local and major disaster events.
- Works with partners to contribute to the development and evaluation of methods supporting PDC operations.
- Applies appropriate quantitative, qualitative, and/or spatial analysis techniques to meet new and emerging questions relevant to partner mission requirements.
- Works with other technical staff to integrate PDC products and services to meet requirements.
- Facilitates/supports access to and operational use of PDC decision support tools, information products, and collaboration mechanism promoting information sharing across civil-military networks and relevant communities of interest (COI).
- Participates in stakeholder meetings and workshops, advisory committee meetings, and response operations.
- Supports/provides training on various PDC capabilities, resources, and methodologies as required.
- Provides training and subject matter expert (SME) support to USSOUTHCOM staff in order to meet operational needs.
- Contributes to and assumes a leadership role (as appropriate) in outreach activities (e.g., professional engagements, workshops, and technical groups).
- Assists in the demonstration of PDC applications and capabilities to clients.
- Some travel (domestic and international) is required.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, Applied Statistics, Environmental Science, or other field related to disaster management and humanitarian assistance. (Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university with at least four (4) years of related experience may substitute for a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, Applied Statistics, Environmental Science or other field related to disaster management and humanitarian assistance.).
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in disaster management, humanitarian assistance, data analysis, and civil-military engagement.
- Experience must include two to four (2-4) years of direct experience applying qualitative, quantitative, and spatial data to answer key operational questions, and at least one (1) year of experience using Geographic Information System (GIS) software and tools to support operations.
- Some experience working with the military.
- Strong working knowledge of disaster management/ humanitarian assistance.
- Understanding of the military’s role in disaster management.
- Strong working knowledge of Government Agencies and Departments, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO), and other disaster management stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse work and customer groups.
- Ability to meet numerous deadlines while maintaining good working relationships with staff and customers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Post Offer/Employment Condition: Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Must be able to travel (domestically and internationally).
POLICY AND/OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, employee will be subject to all applicable RCUH policies and procedures and, as applicable, subject to University of Hawai‘i's and/or business entity's policies and procedures. Violation of RCUH's, UH's, or business entity's policies and/or procedures or applicable State or Federal laws and/or regulations may lead to disciplinary action (including, but not limited to possible termination of employment, personal fines, civil and/or criminal penalties, etc.).
- Experience supporting disaster response operations, including working in an operations/coordination center.
- Experience briefing senior leaders and military, and providing presentations.
- Strong understanding and experience with applying PDC’s DisasterAWARE platform in support of disaster management activities.
- Experience working with national and international disaster management organizations.
INQUIRIES: Scott Okada 891-7922
Please apply directly on the RCUH website to be considered for the position.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Please go to www.rcuh.com and click on “Job Postings.” You must submit the following documents online to be considered for the position: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume, 3) Supervisory References, 4) Copy of Degree(s)/Transcript(s)/Certificate(s). All online applications must be submitted/received by the closing date (11:59 P.M. Hawai‘i Standard Time/RCUH receipt time) as stated on the job posting. If you do not have access to our system and the closing date is imminent, you may send additional documents to email@example.com. If you have questions on the application process and/or need assistance, please call (808)956-8344 or (808)956-0872.
CLOSING DATE: July 6, 2020.
RCUH’s mission is to support and enhance research, development and training in Hawai‘i, with a focus on the University of Hawai‘i.
Equal Opportunities Employer – Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran.