Rescue Air Systems, the nations' leading provider of firefighter air replenishment systems is seeking a CAD Designer / CAD Drafter for its California office.
This position is responsible for preparing shop drawings and schematics for firefighter air replenishment systems.
· Create detailed shop drawings that include overall floor plans, electrical/equipment details and part drawings.
· Offer timely technical assistance and solutions to the design team and participates in project conference calls and meetings if required.
· Use AutoCAD for 3D and 2D structural and mechanical drawing
· Work closely with project engineers to ensure coordination of design efforts.
· Complete project responsibilities within scope, schedule and budget.
· Modify existing drawings and create new designs based on project specifications.
· Analyze drawings, blueprints, specifications, and design data in order to prepare shop drawings.
· Provide progress status reports to management.
· Support the engineering department with drafting/designing for moderately complex engineering assignments including mechanical components and equipment.
· Special tasks as assigned by others including CEO or others.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
· Associates Degree, Bachelors preferred
· Three years AutoCAD drafting experience
· Mechanical, plumbing, and/or piping experience strongly desired
· Valid driver’s license
· Work with the basic features of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Strong organizational and task management skills with limited supervision
· Strong attention to detail
· Salary based on experience. Please respond with your cover letter, resume and salary expectations.