You could say Brightree by ResMed is a technology company. And that's true. But Brightree is, at its heart, about people. We develop innovative, end-to-end technology solutions and services for people facing everyday challenges in the post-acute care industry. Brightree helps streamline processes, improve efficiency, and increase profitability. For over fifteen years, organizations big and small have put their trust in us-for our wide-ranging solutions, our leadership, and our unmatched customer service. Going to work each day and creating new ways to positively impact our customers' businesses and the lives of patients is just what we do. Because Brightree is, after all, about people.
To learn more about Brightree technology and solutions watch this short video by our CEO: https://vimeo.com/293016800
Job purpose: The HME/Pharmacy Infusion Implementation Consultant will drive successful deployments of our Brightree HME/DME product. The Implementation Consultant will work with new and existing Brightree customers on software implementations projects focusing on Brightree best practice recommendations. The Implementation consultant will perform onsite and remote operational workflow assessments, specific SOW work focusing on HME and Pharmacy best practice workflows in areas such as but not limited to; patient intake, order processing, order confirmation, insurance verification, electronic claims submission, revenue cycle management, billing and collections. The Implementation Consultant will provide project guidance and task completion either onsite or remote for workflow design, product configuration, workflow management, revenue cycle, product training, end user training, computer-based training, go live prep, go live support and post go live stabilization.
Let's talk about responsiblities:
- Assist in the successful implementation of the HME/DME product to Brightree customers. This includes project related activities such as consulting, system configuration, training, training materials development and team/customer communications.
- Provide remote/onsite implementation and training services related to Brightree HME/DME implementations.
- Research, diagnose and resolve basic and complex customer questions or problems on site, over the telephone or through electronic communication.
- Drive working sessions with customers to understand and document business and technical requirements for HME/DME functionality.
- Provide status updates to management using standard reporting tools.
- Manage customer escalations through appropriate Brightree channels.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, document and solve software issues reported by customers.
- Track and report product defects to Support for appropriate resolution.
- Successfully transition live customers to standard support process. Provide feedback to Product Management and Development regarding product enhancements
Let's talk qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of Healthcare Pharmacy Implementation experience and/or a 4 years experience as a Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician
- Minimum of 4 years in healthcare implementation experience
- Minimum of 4 years HME/Home Infusion implementation experience
- Knowledge of software implementations, system workflows and implementation best practices.
- 2+ years' experience training and working with Pharmacy staff.
- Strong analytical ability to troubleshoot and diagnosis technical software and implementation issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone or in person
- Experience developing training materials and product reference documentation for healthcare software.
- Leadership skills including ability to manage customer expectations and drive project results.
- Experience training software users in a highly diversified environment.
- Experience providing healthcare software training to healthcare professionals such as Pharmacists, Nurses and Physicians.
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Experience implementing and/or training on Brightree applications.
- Familiarity with Software as a Service (SaaS) applications and performance criteria.
- Must be a quick learner, self-directed, motivated, and have strong dedication and commitment level to the tasks at hand
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, project-oriented environment with the ability to own areas of the implementation team with minimal supervision
- Exceptional consultative and communication skills with a keen attention to detail while handling multiple priorities
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and drive change
- A solid understanding of pharmacy insurance billing and the reimbursement relationships between patients, providers, and insurance carriers.
- Experience in Medicare billing through experience in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with NDC, and Infusion billing.
- Process analysis and improvement methods skills with demonstrated business benefits.
- Strong Excel skills needed to support exporting and analysis of data.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in order to achieve milestones while also being able to communicate effectively with client's leadership teams.
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Office products including Project, Visio and Powerpoint
- Creative and innovative problem-solver
Joining us is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It's discovering a career that's challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!