Digital Creative Director
- Expired: June 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Creative Director is responsible for implementing a creative vision and becoming the point of reference for any graphic design and branding needs within the Republican National Committee (RNC) and its external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be able to set the overall design direction and uphold the brand integrity of the RNC and the Republican Party.
Responsibilities include managing all design assets, building and managing a team of graphic designers, maintaining working relationships with other RNC departments and external stakeholders to ensure all design needs are met, and providing creative guidance to designers empowering them to visually represent the mission and vision of the RNC.
The Creative Director is a member of the Digital Senior Team and will report directly to the Chief Digital Officer.
- Direct and motivate a team of illustrators, animators, art directors, and other designers to help them use their time and talents effectively.
- Grow the Creative Team through talent acquisition and training to expand the capabilities of the team and empower each staffer's career development.
- Implement concepts, guidelines, and strategies across various creative projects, overseeing them to timely completion and ensuring they uphold the integrity of the RNC brand.
- Lead Creative Team meetings that include brainstorming/creative sessions, generating ideas and providing feedback.
- Monitor results of team efforts and serve as their liaison to the Digital Senior Team and the broader RNC ecosystem.
- Oversee various short and long-term design projects and deliverables, including display advertising variants, organic social graphics, branding projects, long-form reports, event collateral, animated creative, and other digital or print collateral.
- Maintain a process that helps the Creative Team manage their day-to-day workload, meets deadlines, and is easily followed by other members of the Digital Team, RNC, and external stakeholders.
- Develop processes that allow the Creative Team to quickly design and implement creative solutions for campaigns revolving around breaking news and other fast-paced events that require the Digital Team's immediate attention.
- Maintain positive working relationships with the RNC's external vendors that work closely with the Creative Team.
Requirements and Skills
- Desire to carry out the mission of the RNC, which is to elect Republican candidates up and down the ballot.
- Proven experience as a creative director or in a similar creative role.
- Hands-on experience with managing the creative process, implementing marketing campaigns, executing brand development strategies, or other relevant graphic design experience.
- Staff management experience.
- Outstanding leadership and organization skills.
- Understanding of performance marketing and ability to use data and insights to improve creative output.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- 4+ years of graphic design or related experience preferred.
Republican National Committee.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Republican National Committee.