Sales Representative / Merchandiser East Bay Total Wine (Entry Level)
Republic National Distributing Concord, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $20 Hourly (plus commission)
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
- Plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts.
- Develop monthly, weekly and daily written plans for execution.
- Establish and follow an efficient and economical routing pattern that ensures assigned accounts are serviced and merchandised as needed.
- Follow the established guidelines for a complete sales call.
- Be responsible for all aspects of servicing and merchandising within assigned accounts.
- Develop an effective partnership with accounts.
- Build positive relationships and an effective partnership with the ultimate decision maker in all assigned accounts.
- Gain knowledge of the specific customer’s business operations and coordinating multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
- Have extensive knowledge of the brands and knowing in-depth features and benefits of each compared to the competition.
- Ensure 100% distribution of all authorized SKU’s in cold box and on shelf in all assigned accounts.
- Ensure feature price promotions and display merchandising support from the assigned territory chain account buyers.
- Communicate issues, opportunities and market intelligence with appropriate management through written, electronic and verbal means.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate territory and account records.
- Submit prompt and accurate reports.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university in related field or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 3 years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The role requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The role also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This role also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) environment.
- Proven abilities to develop selling strategies targeted to enhance wine and spirit sales.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
- Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of specific customer’s business operations and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization’s products and services to each. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
- Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of specific products and associated development process and strategy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – (These are required to perform the key responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations)
- Lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on a daily basis
- Drive a reliable vehicle from account to account
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record
- This job requires the use of your personal vehicle of which you will be reimbursed for business related driving expenses.
- This job requires a person to be 21 years of age or older.
Republic National DistributingWhy Work Here?
Change careers without changing companies! We promote internally and have amazing growth opportunities.
Here at RNDC we are a family owned company and one of the country's top wholesaler/ distributor's of fine wines and spirits. We represent many top brands including Jack Daniel's, Tito's, Fireball, and thousands more. You are one click away from starting a fulfilling career in the alcohol industry!
BusinessView all jobs at Republic National Distributing