At Republic Finance, we are building a leading consumer lending company. In business for over 60 years, we are proud to be a trusted lender in over 200 communities across the Southeastern United States! We specialize in providing flexible lending solutions and outstanding customer service. Driven by our shared mission to pursue excellence for our team, our customers, and our performance, Republic Finance is transforming into a modern, fast-growing business. We are searching for a Sr. Risk Analyst focusing on Fraud & Analytics. This is a key role with significant and broad responsibilities. This position will report up to the Manager of Credit Policy and Analytics and be a member of a broader 7-8 person credit policy and analytics team with substantial opportunity for future growth within the company in concert with driving business expansion. As a team-member responsible for the design, development, and execution of a comprehensive fraud strategy, you will be a key leader with vision on all fraud prevention strategy and analytics and have significant input into developing companywide fraud policies, processes and reporting. You will work closely with analytics, operations, technology, product, finance, and external partners to collaborate on broader critical initiatives and shape the direction and growth of the overall business in a collaborative dynamic team environment. Strategic decisions will require balancing growth, risk and profitability. Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Conduct robust analysis to help create rules and processes to proactively mitigate fraud and maintain optimal false positive rates while causing minimal impact to genuine customers.
- Use a data-driven approach to understand fraud risk and design effective strategies to mitigate 3rd party and 1st party fraud.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to improve analytics that drives fraud strategies.
- Interact with other teams to gain understanding of how upstream credit and marketing strategies will impact the fraud program; communicate with partners on how fraud program changes will impact them.
- Maintain a detailed performance monitoring framework and associated management dashboards that readily highlight areas of confidence and areas in need of further evaluation for resolution of concerns or exploitation of opportunities.
- Research and remain current on the latest industry fraud trends and recommend tools, services, and practices for improvement.
- Partner with Operations manual review team to effectively communicate fraud trends and discoveries.
- Assist in developing fraud policies, processes, and training for roles across the organization.
- Ensure credit risk policy remains aligned with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area is required; advanced degree is attractive.
- Experience of 2-5 years in the secured and/or unsecured credit space including credit cards, auto or installment lending at a sophisticated issuer of revolving and term loans.
- Experience with 3rd and 1st party fraud and familiarity with 3rd party fraud solutions and tools
- Experience extracting and manipulating data using SQL and Python
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and forecasting, portfolio P&L simulation, vintage profitability tracking and marginal expansion strategies.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, leadership skills, a high level of initiative, intellectual curiosity and creativity, and a robust understanding of the consumer lending business that includes the various facets of a specialty lending operation.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401 (K) and employer match
- Company provided Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Additional benefits with Republic include:
- Regular drawings for sports tickets
- Employee of the Month Program
- Philanthropic support for charities such as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the American Cancer Society
- Professional offices with a friendly team environment
Republic Finance, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age disability or veteran status in employment opportunities and benefits. Republic Finance, LLC maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. #zr2