Regulatory Compliance Analyst
Republic Finance Baton Rouge, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
Republic Finance is seeking an experienced, business-minded problem solver and analyst to join a collaborative, high-performing Legal & Compliance team. In your role as Regulatory Compliance Analyst, you will be responsible for working with state examiners, assisting branches and other licensed locations with the examination process, and investigating and responding to any examination findings. You will also investigate and respond to consumer complaints filed with state and federal regulators and collaborate with other business units on preventive and corrective action plans in response to regulatory examinations and complaints.
In business for over 60 years, we are proud to be a trusted lender online and through our branch network in 230+ communities in 10 states! Driven by our shared mission to pursue excellence for our customers, Republic Finance is a fast-growing consumer finance company that is continually innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want to be served. This is a key role with significant responsibilities. Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist branches and other licensed locations with the state examination process.
- Investigate and respond to regulatory examination findings and consumer complaints filed with state and federal regulators and assist the business with developing preventive and corrective action plans.
- Develop and promote strong working relationships with state regulatory agencies and staff.
- Collaborate and organize meetings with key individuals, departments, partners, and owners of policy and procedure to review examination findings and consumer complaints as necessary to ensure regulatory compliance throughout the Company.
- Assist with writing and implementing internal policies and procedures in order to maintain compliance with new and evolving legislation and regulation.
- Assist with ongoing review, revision, and communication of changes to existing policies and procedures and build and circulate approved periodic bulletins regarding the same to Company team members.
- Assist with the Company’s efforts to coordinate changes to areas of business activity impacted by new legislation and/or regulation (lending activity, loan documents, internal policies and procedures, etc.).
- Identify, mitigate, and escalate trends and risks in state examinations and consumer complaints to the Compliance Director.
- Work with the Policy & Procedure Coordinator to identify all current policies and procedures impacted by regulatory examinations and consumer complaints.
- Coordinate small- to medium-sized projects.
- Work to demanding timelines in a fast-paced team environment.
- Assist with special projects, as needed, and perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience.
- 3+ years relevant experience in banking, finance, accounting, law, internal audit, or technical writing and communication.
- Familiarity with financial and lending laws and regulations preferred.
- Skilled in technical, policy, and/or legal writing. Ability to provide writing sample upon request.
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Acrobat Pro as well as Microsoft & Office 365 programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint. Ability to pass skills assessment tests upon request.
- Demonstrated experience with PolicyTech and absVision a strong plus.
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to interpret and explain data for a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
- Deadline-driven. Ability to handle shifting priorities and work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think and work well independently, as well as effectively within a team.
- Strong research skills, analytical skills, and problem-solving ability with attention to detail necessary to successfully perform these responsibilities.
- Must pass drug screen, criminal background check, and credit check.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401 (K) and employer match
- Company provided Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Additional benefits with Republic include:
- Regular drawings for LSU and Saints tickets
- Employee of the Month Program
- Philanthropic support for charities such as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the American Cancer Society
- Beautiful offices with a friendly team environment
Republic Finance, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age disability or veteran status in employment opportunities and benefits. Republic Finance, LLC maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. #zr3
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
BusinessView all jobs at Republic Finance