The Reproductive Specialty Center (RSC) is an advanced gynecology and infertility practice located on the east side of Milwaukee. RSC has an exciting position available for a bright, energetic, and dedicated Medical Assistant. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, quality conscious, healthcare professional with the ability to work in an environment where positive patient interaction is vital to our success. This is a unique opportunity to enter an exciting field with a high degree of personal satisfaction and patient contact.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Measure and record vital signs, obtain patient interview and history, and otherwise prepare patients for examination
· Assist medical staff with exams
· Ensure accurate and timely documentation for all patient care
· Administer prescriptions per provider order
· Complete prior authorizations for medications and procedures
· Order and stock supplies and maintain equipment
· Provide patient education, communicate with and assist patients with scheduling of diagnostic tests, outpatient services, and hospital admissions
· Rotate with front desk responsibilities
· Maintain confidentiality of patient and practice information and follow HIPAA regulations
· Perform other position related duties as assigned
Work experience with infertility, OB/GYN, or surgery is preferred but not necessary. Successful candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills, be detail oriented, and able to work independently as well within a team structure. Competitive salary and benefits.