Marketing Development Manager
The Marketing Development Manager (MDM) is responsible for increasing the RPSD’s billable revenue by marketing the Center to prospective partners and patients both online and in person and by performing specific marketing activities and initiatives to broaden the base of referring physicians, satellites and affiliate practices and by promoting name awareness/utilization among corporations, insurance partners, and the general consumer population.
In addition, he/she will supervise and assist the Business Development Representative and the Patient Experience Specialist as they perform their duties to grow the customer base, as well as, coordinate/manage the activities of other practice administrative specialists who are customer facing.
· Manages Business Development Representative and assists him/her in prospecting for new referral sources through field visits, luncheons and attending meetings with the professional liaison as necessary to fulfill the General Purpose (out of the 35 per week for the Business Development Representative).
· Develops existing referral sources.
· Supervises, monitors, and assists the Patient Experience Specialist, and other customer facing administrative specialists at the center, to provide a consistent, professional image to customers and partners including training on contact and selling skills to maximize their marketing and selling effectiveness and new patient sign ups.
· Manages the overall patient experience.
· Identifies and assists in the development of new affiliates/partners or other alternate channels of distribution.
· Serves as the “voice of the marketplace” to initiate, in conjunction with the appropriate managers, operations-based changes in practice services to better serve customers.
· Represents Center at appropriate business-generating events, trade shows, community functions and patient education/outreach events.
· Identifies managed care opportunities in local marketplace.
· Generates timely weekly computerized PRM (SalesForce.com) and submits/presents monthly marketing results for review and approval.
· Maintains up-to-date database of referring clinicians including number of patient referrals
· Assists in educating site staff and physicians to marketing opportunities.
· Coordinates preceptorship visits for new and existing referring clinicians and staff.
· Contributes to team effort by maintaining an excellent rapport and working relationship between clinical services and other departments within practice.
· Handles complaints (both internal and external) ensuring proper and timely resolution.
· Develops and manages the Center’s overall marketing strategy, including online and the practice website.
· Develops consistent marketing messages across all customer facing staff and resources to ensure a consistent, professional look and feel for the Center.
· Initiates and manages/coordinates marketing, advertising and promotional activities
· Manages marketing third parties to develop and improve the Center’s website, SEO, online advertising, and other related activies.
· Coordinates Public Relations events such as media interviews with physicians, patients or other staff. Coordinates press releases and participates in planning meetings/conference calls with PR firm.
· Develops, reviews and manages externally distributed collateral material for appearance, message and practice image continuity.
· Gathers and Analyzes patient research, current market conditions and competitor information to drive the Center’s future marketing and sales strategies.
Perform annual competitor analysis by completing the competitive shopping spreadsheet.
· Provide guidance with booth development and creation for conferences.
· Develops and implements marketing plans and projects for new and existing programs.
· Establishes and manages the Center’s annual marketing budget to ensure marketing activities fit within the marketing budget.
· Reports on return on investment and key performance metrics.
· Creates marketing presentations and monitors industry best practices.
Business Development Representative Management:
· Assist with the training of new BDRs - which includes field sales training, Salesforce, documentation and overall review of the position.
· Monitor and visit the BDR frequently in the field and no less than twice monthly.
· Support the department with the use of Salesforce and CRM programs.
· Support the BDR with territory tracking – which includes collecting data and creating reports, charts and timeline graphs.
· Assist and provide guidance / recommendations for annual physician holiday gifts and cards.
· Assist and provide guidance with the execution of patient seminars, which includes: creating mail/e-mail lists, mail/email campaigns, seminar flyers, as well as tracking patient revenue generated from patient seminars.
· Collaborate to complete quarterly spreadsheet and summary of revenue generated from PL activities and make suggestions for necessary changes.
Skills & Requirements
· The ideal candidate will have a college degree B.A. or B.S. in Business, Marketing, Health Care or Liberal Arts & Sciences. MBA degree is a plus.
· Minimum 5-7 years of experience in health care industry and 3 years direct experience in marketing. Direct fertility center experience is preferred.
· CRM experience preferred with SalesForce.com experience a plus.
· Knowledgeable of time and territory management skills.
· Demonstrate self-motivation and professional integrity.
· Understands online marketing and analytics.
· Experience in purchasing print and radio advertising.
· Computer literate and proficient in MS Office.
· Contribute to team effort by maintaining an excellent rapport with physicians, liaisons, managers, corporate team and all other departments involved.
· Ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgment.
· Ability to communicate accurately and concisely and remain calm under stress.
· Applicant must live within the geographic territory.
Salary & Benefits
· Commensurate with experience and consists of base pay and bonuses. Typical first year income can range from $100k-$125K based on performance.
· Full benefits including health care, paid time off, etc.
· Positive work environment working directly, daily with world-renowned doctors, staff, and external partners at one of the top IVF practices in Southern California.