Customer Service and Product Eggspert
- Expired: March 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you passionate about chickens and enjoy helping others to realize their passion for raising chickens and other small animals? Do you like the idea of finding just the right balance of work, home and flock life? We are currently looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic out of the box thinkers to join our team who LOVE their flocks!
RentACoop LLC is a rapidly growing family operated business which includes both a warehouse in Frederick, MD and a farm in Germantown, MD. The two focuses of our business are education and product creation for poultry and other small animals. Our educational division provides classrooms and families the experience of hatching chicks or caring for egg laying hens for a temporary period. The product development division designs, manufactures and distributes products for poultry and small household pets. The RentACoop flock, while small, is packed with a variety of diverse and fun individuals who all share a passion for animals and their care. The flock's creative teamwork and continuous communication pushes our product development and the content of our educational programs to be a cut above competitors.
This dynamic role is suited best for current chicken owners as the primary focus is on customer care, which includes both the animals as well as our top quality poultry and small household pet products. The position involves troubleshooting, thinking outside the box, engaging with clients, getting creative, all while representing the company. This role is both remote and at times on location at our farm in Germantown which perfect for those of us that love our flocks along the freedom of working from home from time to time.
Customer Service Agent and Product Eggspert duties include but are not limited to:
- Engaging with customers in a kind manner through answering emails and phone calls while representing the company
- Developing an extensive understanding and knowledge of our vast range of products and their capabilities for a wide variety of different situations.
- On the spot problem solving and troubleshooting as well as contributions to current products and future product development
- Utilizing our communication channels to work well with other departments and team members
- Tracking sales and trends to contribute to further product development and create promotional opportunities for outlying products
- Utilizing inventory and customer service software to coordinate product needs, information, tracking, and customer communication
- Work in partnership with our Research and Development Team to further progress product sales and customer experience
- Assist with program deliveries within the DC metro area when needed
- Helping with general office tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- MUST own your own flock or have extensive previous experience with our products and/or chickens. We hire people who are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about backyard chicken keeping. As a company, we genuinely want our customers to discover the joys of keeping a backyard flock, so we want to hire people who’ll enjoy being an integral part of that process as much as we do.
- You must have your own computer with a minimum internet connection speed of 25 Mbps.
- You must have a quiet place to work. This can be a separate office, or just a quiet space during working hours. As you will be answering phones, you need to be able to hear customers and they need to be able to hear you. The sound of roosters crowing in the background is perfectly acceptable, of course!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with both note-taking and follow-through
- General understanding of and ability to navigate Amazon Seller and other inventory/shipping platforms
- Creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills with the ability to proactively find ways to improve client experiences
- Basic understanding of shipping programs; Shipstation, USPS, FedEx, UPS
- Basic understanding of Google Suite programs; gmail, docs, sheets, slides
- Minimum of one year experience in administrative customer service (continuous work with one employer preferred)
- Organized self-starter
- The ability to convey empathy through writing and while speaking over the phone.
- The ability and willingness to learn about the company, its products, and a genuine interest in our contribution to the education and care of poultry and small animals.
- Blogging, newsletter or other published creative writing experience regarding chickens or other animals
Hours and Schedule:
We have multiple full or part time shift positions open within the following operational hours :
Full time employees receive 80 hours of paid time off annually, 7 paid holidays along with medical, dental and vision benefits.
Employees are expected to take appropriate precautions and adhere to the company's policies and procedures as this position has a risk of exposure to zoonotic diseases and bites from working with animals in an outdoor setting. The successful applicant should be up to date on necessary vaccines including but not limited to tetanus, to ensure their own safety.
Employment may be contingent upon RentACoop LLC’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, physical exam, motor vehicle report, background check, E-Verify and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
BusinessView all jobs at RentACoop LLC