- Posted: over a month ago
Are you in search of a job with a family oriented company that provides paid time off and fantastic benefits? Look no further as RentACoop is the flock for you!!
RentACoop LLC is a rapidly growing family operated business which includes both a warehouse in Frederick, MD and a farm in Germantown, MD. The two focuses of our business are education and product creation for poultry and other small animals. Our educational division provides resources to classrooms and families the experience of hatching chicks or caring for egg laying hens. The product development division designs, manufactures and distributes products for poultry and small household pets. The RentACoop flock, while small, is packed with a variety of diverse and fun individuals who all share a passion for animals and their care. The flock's creative teamwork and continuous communication pushes our product development and the content of our educational programs to be a cut above competitors.
We are currently looking for a dependable part time staff member to join our animal care and program delivery team at the farm. In this role as Farm Hand, you will be responsible for helping care for the animals on the farm, projects around the farm, as well as other tasks.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
- Engage with customers and staff in a kind and knowledgeable manner.
- Assist in the day to day care of the flock and other animals on the farm
- Liaise with other department testing new products or as needed
- Other duties as requested.
Minimal Qualifications :
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in an individual or team environment
- Must have a passion for animals and education
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs alone and 75lbs with assistance
- Must hold a valid United States driver’s license
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience working on a farm or with animals or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Organized self-starter
- The ability and willingness to learn about company products and a genuine interest in products for the care of small animals
- Creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Woodworking skills
Hours and Schedule:
We have a part time position with flexible hours during our hours of operation:
Weekends as needed for animal care
Employees are expected to take appropriate precautions and adhere to the company's policies and procedures as this position has a risk of exposure to zoonotic diseases and bites from working with animals in an outdoor setting. The successful applicant should be up to date on necessary vaccines including but not limited to tetanus, to ensure their own safety.
Employment may be contingent upon RentACoop LLC’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, physical exam, motor vehicle report, background check and/or reference check, E-verify, as applicable and permissible by law.
This is an on-site job, mostly outdoors or in a vehicle when delivering programs. Masks are worn at all times along with other COVID-19 precautions taken per CDC guidelines.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?