The Director of Sales and Customer Service is a leadership role responsible for the overall business performance and service of DecorPlanet retail business. This leader is accountable for the performance of our national e-commerce team, showroom sales consultants and customer service management. This position reports directly to the President. Our showrooms are in Brooklyn and NYC. The flagship showroom is in the heart of the Flatiron district with easy access to most trains and buses.
EXPERIENCE IN KITCHEN AND BATH, FURNITURE, ELECTRONICS PREFERRED
- Develop, implement and direct standard operating processes for the customer service team while ensuring that the processes lead to efficient and effective operations
- Conduct analysis and synthesize recommendations to drive improvements throughout the Customer Service division
- Ensure that effective corrective actions are taken in response to customer complaints or identified quality problems. This will involve directing the customer service manager to find the root cause analyses in conjunction with other departments.
- Provide strategic leadership for the team
- Ongoing analyzing and evaluation of the effectiveness of DecorPlanet eCommerce sales, methods, costs and results
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to direct report team and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Drive and maximize performance of the eCommerce sales team and showroom sale consultants to consistently achieve the overall sales objectives while ensuring operational integrity and monitoring profitably
- Establish and use KPI’s to analyze daily, weekly and monthly showroom and eCommerce sales performance
- Ensure that sales meet profitability or variable contribution margin thresholds.
- Develop and implement sales action plans for the team, set and manage individual and team sales goals
- Have a deep understanding of the product and current business trends
- Keep the sales team up to date on the latest product knowledge and industry developments by scheduling regular in-person and online training sessions
- Conduct ongoing coaching/counseling sessions with associates to review performance and provide constructive, timely feedback
- Attract, recruit, and retain a high performing team and build a talent pipeline of sales professionals
- Manage the allocation of staff resources and scheduling to effectively drive sales and ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide weekly accurate schedules by analyzing peak hours to ensure adequate showroom, phone and live chat coverage
- Partner with Human Resource Manager for all employee relations issues to ensure effective resolution
- Lead the team on executing superior customer service and after sales experience to increase and retain customer loyalty
- Capture meaningful customer data for the purpose of building relationships to personalize future client development opportunities
- Thrives in ambiguity and is willing to take on big challenges
- Able to prioritize effectively in an environment of many urgent, competing needs
- Builds and fosters a strong team atmosphere
- Create alignment across departments to achieve common goals
- Stellar communication skills
- Demonstrated sales growth in previous sales ops roles
- Data driven and results oriented approach
- Process mindset (working with process flows)
- Partner with the Executive Team to drive change to best enable sales
- Ability to solve problems across many platforms to deliver results
- Strategic thinker able to problem solve fluidly and effectively
- Experience leading sales department and customer service teams
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years’ experience of sales management in retail and customer service, experience in the bath and kitchen or related industry preferred
- Experience developing and supporting training and incentive programs
- Ability to analyze reports, identify business trends, and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Experience running sales forecasts, with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong business acumen and have proven planning skills and executive presence
- Proven ability to drive profits and positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
Renovation Brands is the parent company of multiple fast-growing home improvement products brands serving both residential and commercial customers in the renovation space. We are a direct to consumer eCommerce business with a distinct focus and competence in the digital space, Renovation Brands is a top 500 e-retailer.
Renovation Brands, private equity backed, is currently comprised of nine specialty eCommerce brands. Each brand is the leading player in its niche, making us the go to source for these products. Consumers as well as professional clients - including architects, designers, builders and property managers turn to us for superior renovation products and service.
Renovation Brands / DecorPlanetRenovation Brands is the parent company of multiple fast-growing home improvement products brands serving both residential and commercial customers in the renovation space. We are a direct to consumer ecommerce business with a distinct focus and competence in the digital space, Renovation Brands is a top 500 e-retailer. Renovation Brands, private equity backed, is currently comprised of nine specialty eCommerce brands. Each brand is the leading player in its niche, making us the go to source for these products. Consumers as well as professional clients - including architects, designers, builders and property managers turn to us for superior renovation products and service.