Rennova Community Health, Inc. seeks a highly skilled HIM Manager!
Position Summary: The HIM Manager is responsible for strategic alignment, management, and daily oversight of Rennova Community Health hospital’s health information management. Manager will be responsible for implementing and maintaining department policies and procedures and oversee the chart review process as part of the corporate compliance plan. This role ensures that the highest standards for the protection of confidential information which includes the security and integrity of the electronic health records. Additionally, will serve as the privacy officer who
oversees all activities including the development, implementation, and maintenance of all policy and procedures to assure compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitors health information management system and sets the healthcare system’s standards for data quality and ethical practice
· Develop, implement, establishes, reviews, and updates. short-term and long-term goals for hospital system’s HIM Department.
· Provides direction on health information management issues including release of information, confidentiality, information security, information storage and retrieval, and record retention as well as authorship and authentication of health record documentation, standardization of medical vocabularies, and use of classification systems, retention of records and documents, creation of new medical record forms, merging of duplicate medical records and Master Patient Index entries.
· Responsible for identifying process improvement opportunities associated with Department function, with the EHR system and/or other available tools.
· Responsible for assisting with the implementation of the compliance work plan and monitor progress.
· Manages the department in a cost-effective manner by utilizing current materials management techniques, and continuously re-evaluating how services are delivered.
· Relates major events or serious matters related to Health Information Management to RCHI senior administration
· Manage the staff and departments within areas of responsibility in order to achieve goals effectively and at a level consistent with industry standards.
· Responsible for DNFB, Billing issues, Billing denials and rejections including billing edits for claim submission.
· Responsible for Charge Capture and education.
· Responsible for various revenue cycle functions including medical necessity.
· Manages external audits for coding compliance
· Responsible for coordination of external reviews such as RAC, MAC, and various insurance auditing performed.
· Collaborates in the creation of provider clinical documentation prompts within the electronic record system.
· Responsible for assessment and education of new fiscal applications as they apply to health information dept.
· Responsible for Transcription services, quality and turn-around times within the Facility.
· Manage areas of responsibility within the approved annual operating and capital budgets.
· Plans and coordinates staff development and continuing education.
· Maintains knowledge and experience in information privacy laws, access, and release of information and release control technologies.
· Ensures the facility has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consent and authorization forms, disclosure tracking, information notices and materials reflecting current policies and procedures pertinent to the privacy of protected health information (PHI).
· Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws (HIPAA) and accreditation standards.
· Ensures compliance with privacy practices and consistent application of sanctions for failure to comply with RCHI’s privacy practices for internal workforce, extended workforce, and business associates.
· This description is not designed to cover or contain an inclusive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Bachelor's Degree in healthcare management or related field from an accredited college or university
• RHIT or RHIA required
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in health information management
· At least four (4) years managerial experience in HIM
· Experience with multi-facility acute and/or rural hospitals
· Exceptional management skills and commitment to staff development.
· Strong problem-solving abilities
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Thorough understanding of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCs code sets.
· Thorough knowledge of federal and state statutes; HIPAA-compliance
· Highly self-motivated, must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively with multidisciplinary teams, lead change and projects in the organization
· Proven management skills and ability to build effective teams to achieve goals and objectives.
· Strong oral and written skills, ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
· Results-oriented individual with ability to build relationships and implement solutions.
· Must possess the ability to analyze information effectively to arrive at critical decisions and take effective action.
· Experience with MS Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Preferred experience with EMR systems CPSI and Medhost
Position is based in Knoxville, TN with regular travel schedule to Hospitals in TN.
We develop and operate forward-thinking businesses, systems and services to support better treatment outcomes, more cost-effective patient care, and optimized revenue streams. We are committed to providing unmatched service excellence across our entire suite of solutions while building on the best medical science and innovative technologies available. We also maintain the highest standards of corporate transparency, fiduciary responsibility, accountability, and regulatory compliance.
Rennova Health, Inc.
Why Work Here?Rennova Health is a vertically integrated public healthcare holding company. We focus on serving essential healthcare categories, especially those with unmet needs and significant opportunities for innovation-driven solutions. We develop and operate forward-thinking businesses, systems and services to support better treatment outcomes, more cost-effective patient care, and optimized revenue streams. We are committed to providing unmatched service excellence across our entire suite of solutions while building on the best medical science and innovative technologies available. We also maintain the highest standards of corporate transparency, fiduciary responsibility, accountability, and regulatory compliance.
Many opportunites for growth!