Quality Assurance Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A key positing responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the quality assurance program in support of manufacturing to achieve operational excellence, superior product, on-time service, and customer satisfaction. Experience in visual management, lean tools and advanced problem-solving techniques are critical to drive continuous improvement in manufacturing quality.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures an ISO 9001:2015 compliant quality management system and other required certifications and approvals are maintained in accordance with Southwire standard processes
- Responsible for direct supervision of QA personnel and the development of skills required to support present and future business objectives.
- Oversees customer engagement for customer quality audits, responses, returns, complaints, and issues.
- Drives implementation of proactive quality improvement projects and problem-solving processes with cross functional teams including standard root cause analysis tools.
- Standardizes product inspection and testing methods to ensure compliance with customer and industry standards.
- Provide technical support as related to product development and regulatory activities
- Implement statistical methods for problem solving, scrap reduction and continuous quality improvement in support of One Southwire’s OPS culture
- Maintain and communicate Quality metrics and initiate actions/improvement plans to assure goals are met. Lead
- Recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Supports deployment of companywide systems such as SAP Quality Management
- Uses lean tools along with operations and quality data to drive lasting change in support of product quality and service
- Develop, foster, and maintain relationships throughout the company via collaboration and teamwork to provide avenues for the continued success and growth at the local site
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required with 3+ years quality management experience in a manufacturing environment preferred or combination of experience and education
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager (CQM) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQM) is a plus
- Wire and cable experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with utility and industrial cable testing requirements preferred
- Knowledge of ICEA, AEIC, UL, CSA, ETL and ASTM testing standards a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities with strong interpersonal and leadership skills required
- Experience in ISO 9001:2015 management systems compliance, continuous improvement and standard quality and operational excellence tools required
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools a plus
- Must have exhibited excellent analytical, statistical, and problem-solving skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Working knowledge of APQP methodology required, including PPAP, FMEA, GR&R (Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility), Process Validation, and Control Plans
- Working knowledge of Military Specification requirements for cable including qualification and processes needed to maintain qualification.
- Excellent computer and data management skills
- Previous experience with SAP QM a plus
- Six Sigma black belt, green belt or ASQ certification preferred
Drive for Results: Has a strong bottom-line orientation; Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks; Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully; Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
Financial Acumen: Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators; Uses financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities; Integrates quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
Decision Quality: Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information; Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions; Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles; Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
Attracts Top Talent: Attracts and selects diverse and high caliber talent; Finds the right talent to meet the group’s needs; Closes talent gaps with the right balance of internal and external candidates; Is a good judge of talent.
Communicates Effectively: Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-to-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels; Attentively listens to others; Adjusts to fit the audience and the message; Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization; Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
Courage: Readily tackles tough assignments; Faces difficult issues and supports others who do the same; Provides direct and actionable feedback; Is willing to champion an idea or position despite dissent or political risk.
Work with us on your business or career
Turn to the Southern California Company with a national reach. We're a Woman / Minority Owned Business Enterprise!
We're the experts in high-volume recruitment! Turn to us when you have a need for a large new addition to your workforce. You'll get fast results and superior candidates.
Get scalable solutions for your business
With our stringent examinations, we can ensure that you'll connect only with the most qualified candidates for your positions. Work with us, and let us comb through our constantly up-to-date database to uncover the right fits for any job in any industry. Our professionals are experienced, intelligent, driven, qualified, and ready to help your business from day 1. We have more than 30 years of combined experience!
RennickBarrett RecruitingWhy Work Here?
Team members are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced and results-driven organization.
Together, we can find effective solutions that further your interests. Speak with us about high-volume recruitment for your business! We work with small and large companies, and we maintain up-to-date databases full of qualified candidates. Come to us as a professional or an employer, and be connected with a top-flight company! We specialize in the aviation, manufacturing, health care, and financial services industries. Work with us on your business or career. Turn to the Southern California Company with a national reach. We're a Woman / Minority Owned Business Enterprise! We're the experts in high-volume recruitment! Turn to us when you have a need for a large new addition to your workforce. You'll get fast results and superior candidates. Get scalable solutions for your business With our stringent examinations, we can ensure that you'll connect only with the most qualified candidates for your positions. Work with us, and let us comb through our constantly up-to-date database to uncover the right fits for any job in any industry. Our professionals are experienced, intelligent, driven, qualified, and ready to help your business from day 1. We have more than 30 years of combined experience!