This is a great opportunity to develop and utilize your skills in an accelerated growing cannabis company with a fast pace start-up environment where you will always be challenged. We are one of the state’s largest distribution platforms with access to over 80 percent of the California storefronts.
We are seeking an experienced Production Manager to organize and oversee the manufacturing of goods. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production and the quality of output. Ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance. Ability to make decisions and use critical thinking with the goal of ensuring an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets customer requirements.
The Manufacturing Production Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensure policies and procedures are followed. The successful candidate will develop processes that will maximize quality and productivity.
Additionally this individual will also collect and analyze new data to determine where waste could be occurring or where improvements could occur. The position is also responsible for monitoring the production equipment to ensure it remains in optimal working order, and repair or replace equipment as it becomes necessary.
A key responsibility of the Production Manager is overseeing and ensuring quality control each time manufactured items leave the plant.
- Strategically manage manufacturing operations in compliance with company’s policies and vision.
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor production to resolve issues in a professional manner
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (quality inspectors, production workers etc.)
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, materials, inventory etc.)
- Approve maintenance work, purchasing of equipment etc.
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Report to upper management
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
- Manage stock control and reconcile with the data storage system.
- Bachelors degree preferred but not required.
- Strong quality metrics experience. Must have extensive experience working with quality metrics software.
- Proven work experience as a Production Manager.
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectation. We offer an excellent base salary, a comprehensive benefits package and relocation assistance or the right candidate.