Renishaw, Inc. is looking for an Additive Service and Support Engineer to perform mechanical and electrical repairs to Additive machines in the field. Service and Support Engineers work out of the local office in West Dundee, IL and spend time travelling to customers in the region.
- Assist customer on site specific location preparations.
- Installation, commissioning of new machines & ancillary equipment at customer site.
- General safety, operation and maintenance training.
- Perform specified preventive maintenance task.
- Diagnose and recommend future repairs and replacement parts
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems / equipment failures and determine solution.
- Assist in the investigation and organization of required spare parts or other requirements prior to service intervention.
- Advise customer on recommended spare parts.
- Produce documents to client and Renishaw including: Service, Time and Expense Reports.
- Provide telephone and email support with troubleshooting and ordering spare parts.
- Assist solution center in testing, operation and customer acceptance steps of equipment.
% of travel required: 60%
- Associates or Technical College, mechanical, electrical or automation engineering degree
- 5 years related field service experience in additive manufacturing or CNC machining. (Equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Read and understand electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
- Read and understand mechanical assembly drawings & instructions.
- Experience in assembly of mechanical & electrical mid-size capital equipment (CNC mill, lathes, Plastic Extrusion, Roboteers, Automotive manufacturing cells)
- Experience with electrical low and high voltage equipment.
- Usage of electrical measurement equipment.
- Excellent computer skills (hardware & software for machine specific applications.
- User level knowledge in Microsoft products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multitask and work in an occasional deadline driven environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Speak effectively to customers or employees of organizations.
- Apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Valid driving license
- Knowledge and experience with Renishaw or other similar Additive Products.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veterans