- Renishaw Fixturing Solutions is looking for a production supervisor to join our Norton Shores, MI facility. The production supervisor is responsible for daily operations of the shop floor, maintaining a safe work environment, assuring efficient product flow, monitoring daily performance of associates, managing quality improvement, following company policy and procedures and ensuring each associate is aware of the policies.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
- Oversee and coach employees
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance
- Check production output according to specifications
- Submit reports on performance and progress
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards
- 2 years supervisory experience with demonstrated strong leadership and management skills
- At least 5 years of experience in a production environment
- At least 5 years of CNC machining
- Associates degree in a technical, engineering or relevant field
- At least 10 years in a production environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques, such as Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement
- Ability to read and understand production drawings, knowledge of measuring tools and product tolerances.
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable
- Ability to utilize and train employees on technology, processes and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to communicate intricate job-related processes
- Strong written communication skills demonstrating the ability to prepare outlines, reports, letters, and any other supplemental materials in a clear and concise manner
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create reports, documents, presentations and spreadsheets in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
% of Travel Required:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Prolonged periods of standing in factory and at times, sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to traverse the manufacturing facility.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
The Renishaw Group currently has more than 80 offices in 36 countries, with over 5,000 employees worldwide. Around 3,000 people are employed within the UK where the company carries out the majority of its research and development and its manufacturing.
Why Work Here?Renishaw is one of the world's leading engineering and scientific technology companies, with expertise in precision measurement and healthcare. The company supplies products and services used in applications as diverse as jet engine and wind turbine manufacture, through to dentistry and brain surgery. It is also a world leader in the field of additive manufacturing (also referred to as metal 3D printing), where it is the only UK business that designs and makes industrial machines which ‘print' parts from metal powder. The Renishaw Group currently has more than 80 offices in 36 countries, with over 5,000 employees worldwide. Around 3,000 people are employed within the UK where the company carries out the majority of its research and development and its manufacturing.
We are a global company with core skills in measurement, motion control, healthcare, spectroscopy and manufacturing