Loop Inc. is one of the fasted growing electric vehicle charging infrastructure solutions. We strive to implement the world's most user-friendly EV charging network solution. We’re seeking a bright, dedicated, and inspiring thinker with a can-do attitude to be our Senior Software Development / Future Dev Lead who is passionate about e-mobility, to join us on our journey. You’ll be working with with us in a fast-growing and agile team to overcome the technical challenges in creating an international EV charging network. This will be a unique opportunity to shape the foundations of our new (SaaS) products and make a global impact through your work.
- Implement the OCPP1.6 and 2.0.1 protocols and its successor versions (Python)
- Implement the ISO 15118 protocol suite (Python, open-source)
- Implement roaming protocols like OCPI and OICP (Python)
- Work closely with and lead our external/internal frontend software engineer(s) and UX/UI designer
- Collaborate with the hardware development team that develops charging communication controllers and charging stations
- 5+ years’ experience in programming with Python 3 (experience in at least another language like Java is a bonus)
- 5+ years’ experience working with Django and PostgreSQL
- A strong focus on writing quality code that is:
- Crafted to be simple to understand, maintain, and change
- Reliable and performant, i.e. well tested across different devices/browsers
- Self-explanatory where possible, well-documented where needed
- Build CI/CD pipelines with GitLab or similar dev op tools to establish and guarantee high SLAs for a product suite that runs reliably 24/7
- Proven track record of leading a team of software engineers
- Good knowledge of cloud stack technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience working with and designing RESTful APIs and message brokers
This is a full-time, long-term position with significant opportunity for advancement. The position comes with a competitive starting salary, medical insurance, 401K, performance bonuses and other expense reimbursements. Both in-office and remote work possibilities will be considered, but you must be local (based out of El Segundo, CA).
Please indicate in your application why you believe your past experience is suitable for this position.