The Wellness Director serves as a hands-on administrative director at the community level ensuring optimal health and well being for residents. The position is a unique blend of nursing, physical therapy and executive responsibilities including; development and implementation of a “whole person-centered” wellness program, recruitment and retention of quality caregivers, training of team members, administrative reporting, service as the administrator designee and other duties as needed.
· Carries out the Community’s mission, philosophy, goals and objectives within guidelines of Community policy and position function.
· Interprets and implements the Community’s philosophy to team members and members of the community
· Interviews patients and family to assess the resident’s understanding of illness and determine resident’s home environment and support system identifying risks and sharing “Needs-Meet” services the Assisted Living Residence can better provide.
· Develops, implements and maintains a health and wellness program that improves measurable quality outcomes for residents.
· Recruits, interviews, selects, trains, and retains quality care team members, LVN and other Team Members as needed to ensure superior Team operations.
· Maintains own nursing and therapy licenses through the state of California as well as ensures all of her appropriate credentialing (includes first aid and CPR) for all applicable Team Members.
· Develops and maintains meaningful and professional relationships with all Team Members, residents, families, vendors and other guests of the community.
· Will personally provide hands-on assistance of activities of daily living (ADLs) as needed including but not limited to full shift work, to ensure uninterrupted quality care for all residents at all times.
· Functions as the RCFE administrator-designee in the absence of the administrator of record. Timely reports to the owners and administrator and issues, decisions or concerns while acting in this role.
· Maintains incident reporting pursuant to Title 22 , incident reporting to liability insurance requirements, incident reporting to risk management policies and other quality improvement reporting as required.
· Evaluates resident’s level of comprehension if procedures and/or treatment need to be performed, e.g. insulin injections, dressings, ostomy care.
· Discusses with medical staff, treatment in hospital, and the resident’s response to illness.
· Explains Assisted Living Residence services and policies to resident and family.
· Makes referrals to other agencies if additional services are needed, such as meals from a nutrition center, volunteer services, etc.
· Maintains knowledge of Medicare Regulations and restrictions related to admissions, supplies, and Assisted Living services.
· Maintains appropriate records and statistics in relation to RCFE guidelines.
· Arranges for special medical supplies and/or equipment needed, in coordination with discharge planner or social worker.
· Assures that the Assisted Living Residence is ready to meet the resident’s needs at discharge by communicating the information to the Director of Nursing and/or Unit Coordinator regarding the patient and by arranging for the Community’s staff to learn unfamiliar procedures related to the patient’s needs.
· Provides feedback to hospital health team and/or skilled nursing facility after the patient’s discharge.
· Participates in orientation of Community staff.
· Participates in Community committees as requested.
· Participates in performance improvement activities and peer record reviews.
· Participates in all office specific duties and responsibilities related to the position.
· Participates in evaluating overall position performance, goal setting and achievement, and performance improvement plan.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications, maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Identifies development potential in accounts by studying current business; interviewing key customer personnel and company personnel who have worked with customer; identifying and evaluating additional needs; analyzing opportunities.
· Contributes information to sales strategies by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer reactions.
· Places needs of the resident first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient’s healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our resident in the comfort of their new Assisted Living Residence.
· Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service. Strives to make a difference in the lives of our team, residents, and Community. Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and residents.
· Treats team members, patients/residents, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
· Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to Community policies and procedures.
· Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information.
· Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
· Adheres to departmental and Community dress codes as observed by supervisor.
· Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, agency and other meetings as requested.
· Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
· Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
· Observe infection control and standard precautions.
· May perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Current California LVN or RN license. Assisted living background and supervisory experience. Must be on-call 24/7 in order to meet the needs of the community and be able to multi-task.
Position requires travel both inside and out of Assisted Living Residence in various weather conditions in all areas of the territory, using either private or public means of travel, may be exposed to various public health hazards from direct contact with patients/residents and in-direct contact in medical/healthcare facilities. May need to lift, push/pull and/or transfer people and other items weighing up to 100 pounds with aids.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
Renaissance Villages Inc.Premier Senior Living Center located in Moreno Valley, CA and Murrieta, CA