City Planner - Tampa, FL; Durham, NC; or Charlottesville, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Renaissance exists for one reason: to create cities that work.
We do this by developing visions, policies, plans and other strategies that help foster the evolution of built environment that results in more equitable, connected, prosperous and sustainable places. Our work is supported by analytically based decision-support tools and people-center engagement and storytelling approaches. And right now…we are growing. We have several new projects underway that present great opportunities to impact the places we live and work as well as provide opportunities for professional growth and leadership.
Renaissance Planning Group (www.citiesthatwork.com) is currently seeking a curious, enthusiastic and motivated city planner for our Tampa, Durham or Charlottesville office. The successful candidate will become part of the company’s dynamic team dedicated to growing our integrated land use and multimodal transportation practice across the southeast. This position will immediately support ongoing project work in the areas of land use, multimodal transportation analysis and policy development with an equity and sustainability lens. It will also involve best practices research and coordination support for a wide range of community engagement activities.
Renaissance takes a truly holistic approach to city planning at the streetscape, corridor, subarea and regional scales. We work directly with the public, stakeholders, agency staff, and elected officials to help reframe issues, evaluate options, and identify solutions that optimize the built environment in support of advancing a wide range of community goals. Our technical expertise comes from professionals with diverse experiences in transportation planning, land use and growth management policy, urban design and landscape architecture, computer science, geography, and multimedia communications. We seek people with insatiable curiosity, self-starter mindsets, collaborative natures, innate leadership capabilities and personal integrity. A summary of the key qualifications for the planner position is highlighted below.
- Support research and analysis work efforts to support integrated multimodal transportation and land use planning projects in a team environment.
- Develop synthesis materials in written, visual and presentation formats.
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships to advance team-based problem solving and work product development.
- Support business development efforts firmwide with research, content creation, technical writing and editing.
- Actively engage in professional organizations and continuing education within the field.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A theoretical understanding of city systems.
- A conceptual understanding of multimodal transportation and land use planning within the public decision-making processes necessary to create systemwide, subarea, and corridor-level plans and project priorities.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following: transportation planning, transportation engineering, city planning, public policy, environmental studies, or other related disciplinary expertise.
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Suite and Adobe Suite of software programs for documentation.
- Proficiency in writing compelling content in multimedia formats that clarify key findings and include adequate technical depth.
- Adept at synthesizing complex technical information into clear, engaging presentations for a wide range of audiences.
Training and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Planning, Engineering, Public Policy, or relevant field required. Master's degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in transportation or community planning is required.
- Certification or licensure in related fields (AICP, CTP, PTP, and/or PE) preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience and relevant expertise. Renaissance Planning offers a competitive benefits program inclusive of healthcare, 401(k) with employer match, and a profit-sharing plan. Opportunities for employee ownership with tenure.
Renaissance Planning seeks individuals that take initiative, are self-directed, and possess strong interpersonal communication skills. If you are passionate about what you do and wish to join a growing team of outstanding professionals, we would love the opportunity to talk with you. Please submit a letter of interest and resume in order to be considered for this position. References may be requested.
Renaissance Planning is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Renaissance Planning participates in the E-Verify program.
GovernmentView all jobs at Renaissance Planning