Groomer/ Pet Stylist FT/PT EXPERIENCED
- $17 to $32 Hourly
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE PAID EXPERIENCE AS A PET GROOMER or HAVE COMPLETED AN ACCREDITED GROOMING SCHOOL COURSE.
Summary: Provides grooming care for appointments and boarding animals. The successful candidate will share our commitment to delivering exceptional service to our loyal clients and the highest quality care to their pets coming to us for boarding and grooming and pet supplies. A positive attitude, excellent people and pet skills, strong attention-to-detail, and the ability to multi-task are a must.
Shift examples for the salon are typically 8am -5pm but may include other times if assigned to other areas during the shift. Our facility is staffed 24 hours hours a day and seven days a week. Pay commensurate with experience, ability and speed. Client tips are generous.
Full & Part time positions available
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Shampooing, brushing, drying, Hair cutting, nail trimming/dremel, gland expression, ear cleaning, and teeth brushing.
- Must provide excellent customer service for pet and their parents.
- Appointment scheduling, checking pets in and out on the computer.
- Must maintain cleanliness and safety of the groom facility including maintaining laundry
- Inspect salon guest for external signs of parasites, disease or injury and report their findings to Management
- Sanitizing of all clippers, combs, brushes and other tools, cages and tub
- Maintenance of dryers and other equipment
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team
- Communicate effectively to customers and other team members
- Sell retail items
- Must love dogs and cats!
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE as a Pet Stylist or Groomer required with verifiable references
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, in person and over the phone
- Must be hard working and detail oriented
- Reliable, punctual and able to stay calm under pressure
- Able to lift 40+ pounds, and assist with large or older dogs
- Able to follow directions and unafraid to ask questions and accept feedback
- Must have a positive attitude, outgoing personality and sense of humor
- Must be able to work Saturdays
- Proven ability to arrive on time and be dedicated to the work day
Job Type: Part-time or full time
Salary: Depending on Experience
- Experience preferred but will train
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and bites or scratches. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Saturdays are preferred.
Positions are W2 and hourly. Health Insurance, Vacation and 401k benefits offered for full time staff
Apply in person: 1346 E Ramsey in Banning, CA or email resume. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE PAID EXPERIENCE AS A PET GROOMER or HAVE COMPLETED AN ACCREDITED GROOMING SCHOOL COURSE.
We are an Award Winning Pet Resort and love to take great care of the pets that stay with us.
Renaissance Pet Resort is the UNKennel! 38 private pet rooms, and amazing cattery and 10 outdoor play yards for lots of playtime fun! The Groomers and Bathers take care of one pet or one family at a time. That means less stress for the pets and the staff! Our salon is appointment based with quality over quantity.
Renaissance Pet Resort & Spa LLC
1346 E Ramsey St BanningBanning, CA
Get fresh Groomer/ Pet Stylist FT/PT EXPERIENCED jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.