Support Technician - Level 1
Remprex Lisle, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Support Manager role requires an individual to oversee Information Technology (IT) Support staff with assisting clients and vendors in resolving Automated Gate System (AGS) issues. The role requires expert technical skills to oversee the configuration and maintenance of a complex network. It also requires strong communication skills to supervise a team of highly skilled Support Technicians.
The Support Manager reports to the Director of Support/Remote Ops.
The Support Manager role works closely with the Support Manager and oversees the day-to-day duties of the IT Support group. The Support Manager must have a clear understanding of how AGS works in order to assist in identifying and resolving complex issues.
The scope of the Support Manager includes the following procedures and tasks:
· Provide guidance to Support staff on job functions, including career development choices
· Assist in the development of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data for staff performance to senior management
· Communicate with clients about Service Level Agreements (SLA) and ensure the levels are met, monitored, and reported to the customer
· Use data to analyze trends and maintain system performance
· Create, revise, and enforce policies and procedures for the group to meet client expectations in customer service, expedient resolutions, and clear communication
· Assist in coordinating staff meetings, tracking attendance, and setting group schedules
· Enforce the proper use of the ticketing, monitoring, phone, and e-mail systems by the group
· Work with clients, IT personnel, and third party vendors to schedule software updates on REMPREX systems
· Enforce the Escalation Policy for issues that you are unable to resolve
· Proactively review open Trouble Tickets to resolve issues quickly
The Support Manager role requires the following:
· Associate’s Degree, or higher
· Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a technical call center environment, preferred
· Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), or higher
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolutions to problems
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Customer service oriented with a belief in teamwork and initiative
· Experience in process improvement, training, and staff development
· Experience maintaining and using Microsoft® Active Directory®, IIS®, SQL Server, DNS, and Security components
· Working knowledge of Windows® Server 2003, Windows Server 2008® and Windows® XP and Windows® 7
· Above average communication skills, both written and verbal
· Advanced technical troubleshooting skills
To perform the essential functions of this job, an employee must meet the physical demands in this job description. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This role is a full-time position working a standard 40-hour workweek. The Support Manager works Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, but the role can require travel and extended work hours including weekends and holidays.
The Support Manager works in an office environment using network access to resolve system issues. The role requires the ability to work as the leader of a team under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Additionally, the role can require the individual to go on-site periodically. The Support Manager must possess company-issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and applicable licenses, as well as follow on-site safety guidelines.
RemprexWhy Work Here?
Great benefits program! Work with a dynamic team with a rapidly growing company.
REMPREX is a turnkey, end-to-end solutions provider for the intermodal and transportation industries. We deliver safe, efficient, and scalable services to help our clients transport intelligently. REMPREX currently engineers, designs, operates, and supports automation technology at more than 50 intermodal terminals and ports across North America, including Automated Gate Systems (AGS), Tire Inspection Portals (TIPTM), Rail Inspection Portals, and more. Remprex operates facilities on behalf of our railway clients in numerous cities across the USA. We also provide reduced infrastructure technology and logistics solutions to support the Distribution Channel and Trucking industries, such as AGS Express and drayage services. Our unique application of automation allows us to leverage data, analytics, and consulting to help you understand and plan your business operations. At REMPREX, we take intermodal and transportation seriously.
4343 Commerce CtLisle, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at Remprex