Railroad Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Performing preventative maintenance and repairs on intermodal heavy equipment in an outdoor environment.
· Read electrical and hydraulic schematics
· Repair and maintain heavy equipment
· Performs troubleshooting and repair of systems and components, as required.
· Maintains accurate records, as required.
· Perform detailed equipment inspections and preventative maintenance following OEM specifications.
· Responds to any customer related equipment requests. Ensure compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries; Assist in delivering required training to ensure that all coworkers have the necessary skills to perform their jobs properly and safely.
· Communicate consistently on all activities to appropriate individuals (internal & external).
· Maintain ongoing communication and adhere to all Companywide policies to eliminate and/or reduce exposure to liability.
· Ensure compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries; Assist in delivering required training to ensure that all coworkers have the necessary skills to perform their jobs properly and safely.
· Special projects or work as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Follow all company and Railroad safety policies.
2. Required to respond to after hour call outs.
3. Must be willing to work any shift.
4. Perform maintenance on support equipment such as forklifts, man lifts, etc.
Required: 5 + years of experience with troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining heavy equipment, candidates must have their own basic tools, ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics, comfortable working at elevated heights of up to 100 feet, basic computer skills
Desired: Strong troubleshooting abilities
Requires knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical assemblies and testing experience; Requires an eye for detail. Ability to recognize all colors in a normal spectrum; basic knowledge of SPC fundamentals;
thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable operating and documentation procedures and material flow. Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products and other data systems; Ability to meet deadlines; to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures; ability to accept constructive criticism; ability to prioritize, organize, solve problems, and complete tasks independently; ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with subordinates, members of management, vendors, and other employees.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
This is a production classification and employees work on site in an outdoor environment with exposure to noise and machinery. Accurate hand/eye coordination is required. Finger dexterity is required, as well as hand strength, with the ability to grasp, lift, push and pull. Work involves considerable standing, stooping, bending, or sitting for long periods of time. Work requires working at elevated heights of up to 100 feet. May lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds.
Applicants will be required to pass a physical, drug screen, and obtain an E-Rail security clearance badge.
RemprexWhy Work Here?
Great benefits program! Work with a dynamic team with a rapidly growing company.
REMPREX is a turnkey, end-to-end solutions provider for the intermodal and transportation industries. We deliver safe, efficient, and scalable services to help our clients transport intelligently. REMPREX currently engineers, designs, operates, and supports automation technology at more than 50 intermodal terminals and ports across North America, including Automated Gate Systems (AGS), Tire Inspection Portals (TIPTM), Rail Inspection Portals, and more. Remprex operates facilities on behalf of our railway clients in numerous cities across the USA. We also provide reduced infrastructure technology and logistics solutions to support the Distribution Channel and Trucking industries, such as AGS Express and drayage services. Our unique application of automation allows us to leverage data, analytics, and consulting to help you understand and plan your business operations. At REMPREX, we take intermodal and transportation seriously.
7100 Crescent WayMcCalla, AL
AutomotiveView all jobs at Remprex