- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Terminal Inventory Specialists (TSIS) will manage inventory for REMPREX-supported rail terminals, on a train by train basis. Working with ramp personnel in the field to correct for exceptions. Verifying all expedited and scheduled freight that enters the yards, ingate correctly and depart on the appropriate trains. The Service Inventory Specialist requires a heightened level of individual performance than that of entry level load planner role and is both production and quality driven. Excellent customer service and detail oriented work is expected to provide both diligence and precision.
The Terminal Inventory Specialist is responsible for managing inventory by referencing the TSP cutoff for all trains at 10-BNSF yards. Verifying and correcting all inventory disputes through TSS and Oasis. Ensuring all units enter the yard properly and make the scheduled trains.
The scope of the role includes, but is not limited to, the following procedures and tasks:
· Inventory management to ensure accuracy on all units that enter or exit an intermodal terminal
· Referencing the Transportation Service Plan (TSP) Cut Off Times
· Running several TSS inventory commands
· Handling several train plans at once.
· Operations reporting, including generating and distributing reports as needed
· Information verification on units that enter an intermodal terminal
· Accurate and efficient transaction processing to maintain accuracy and compliance in the intermodal terminal
· Ensuring the security and data integrity of each and every transaction performed with the highest degree of accuracy.
· Communicate with customer Service, and Intermodal ramps.
· Assuring all UPS, and Expedited freight does not get left behind.
The Terminal Inventory Specialists role requires the following qualifications:
· High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certification
· College experience or one year of relevant work experience, preferred
· Working knowledge of the intermodal industry
· Valid drivers license and a clean driving record
· Proven ability to maintain confidential information
· Excellent customer service sills, as well as pleasant and professional interpersonal skills
· Ability to accurately perform arithmetic computations to perform job duties sufficiently
· Detail-oriented work ethic, exhibiting the highest level of professional accuracy
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
· Ability to meet deadlines, meet or exceed performance goals, and maintain productivity as well as accuracy metrics on a monthly basis.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft® Office Suite, including specific knowledge of Word® and Excel®
· Working knowledge of office machines, including, but not limited to, computers, fax machines, printers, and multi-line telephones
· Working knowledge of operating systems including Oasis and TSS
· Ability to pass and maintain certifications or proficiencies in the following areas
- eRAILSAFE Certification
- Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC), applies to Illinois (IL) only
- REMPREX and Client Safety Rules and Regulations
To perform the essential functions of this job, an employee must meet the physical demands in this job description. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, feel, and reach. The employee must be able to stand for periods of eight hours or more, and must have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus. The individual must be able to work in an outside environment in various weather conditions, such as rain, snow, and heat, for long durations of time, up to and including an entire shift.
This role is a full-time position with non-standard work hours, including overnight, weekends and holidays. The Terminal Inventory Specialists works either 8-hour 10-hour or 12-hour shifts as scheduled. If scheduled for 12-hour shifts, then the individual typically works three or four consecutive shifts per week.
The Terminal Inventory Specialists works at an intermodal terminal in an office or outside environment. The position can require long periods of sitting and viewing computer screens, as well standing and working outside. Occasional bending, reaching, walking, and carrying can occur.
Because the role may require the individual to work on-site at an intermodal terminal, the AGS must possess company-issued personal protective equipment (PPE) and applicable licenses, as well as follow on-site safety guidelines when applicable.
This position requires a formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview, and reference check. Additionally, it may require job related tests. The duties listed in this job description are only examples of the various types of work that The Terminal Inventory Specialists might be required to perform and is not meant to be all inclusive or exhaustive list of duties. The omission of a statement of duties does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and job change. The company reserves the right to change requirements and responsibilities as outlined in this document at will and communicate such change to all that currently hold that job qualification.
RemprexWhy Work Here?
Great benefits program! Work with a dynamic team with a rapidly growing company.
REMPREX is a turnkey, end-to-end solutions provider for the intermodal and transportation industries. We deliver safe, efficient, and scalable services to help our clients transport intelligently. REMPREX currently engineers, designs, operates, and supports automation technology at more than 50 intermodal terminals and ports across North America, including Automated Gate Systems (AGS), Tire Inspection Portals (TIPTM), Rail Inspection Portals, and more. Remprex operates facilities on behalf of our railway clients in numerous cities across the USA. We also provide reduced infrastructure technology and logistics solutions to support the Distribution Channel and Trucking industries, such as AGS Express and drayage services. Our unique application of automation allows us to leverage data, analytics, and consulting to help you understand and plan your business operations. At REMPREX, we take intermodal and transportation seriously.
1099 Business Hwy 64New Richmond, WI
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Remprex
Get fresh Parts Inventory Clerk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.