Equipment Operator (Intermodal) V1
Remprex Minneapolis, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
- $23 to $27 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Transportation/Intermodal Equipment Operators (EO’s) are responsible for safely unloading & moving intermodal containers within a railyard. 4 day work week - Monday to Thursday . Up to $27/Hour dependent on experience.
No Experience required/On job training! Monday - Thursday . Starting at $23/HR ($25/HR nights) to $27/HR.
- Climbs up & down rail car ladders to lock & unlock intermodal containers
- Drives Track/Hostler (in railyard) to shuttle intermodal containers within the compound
- Transfers intermodal containers and trailers to/from railcars using Forklifts, Top lifts, Gantry Cranes and other heavy equipment
- Complies with all safety, attendance, operations & training guidelines/programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates will train to be proficient in maneuvering heavy and light equipment safely and efficiently
- Candidates will train to be proficient in terminal operations systems.
At REMPREX, we realize that it is important to work with a company that will help you achieve your professional goals. Here are just some of the advantages we offer:
- Deep commitment to employee health and safety
- Supportive Leadership
- Competitive Pay & Benefits
- Corporate Stability
- Advancement Potential
- Training & Professional Development
- Genuine Teamwork
- Rapid Organizational Growth
- High School diploma or GED with equivalent intermodal facility experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle record (MVR)
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English
- Comfort with working five to six feet above ground
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions - including extreme cold and heat—and in the presence of dust and loud noises.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 operation including Nights, Weekends and Holidays.
- Ability to pass a background and drug test
To perform the essential functions of the job, an employee must meet the physical demands in this job description including:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Sit, Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, hear and talk for periods of 8 hours or more
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus for both day and night operations
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, religion, protected veteran status or national origin.
RemprexWhy Work Here?
Great benefits program! Work with a dynamic team with a rapidly growing company.
REMPREX is a turnkey, end-to-end solutions provider for the intermodal and transportation industries. We deliver safe, efficient, and scalable services to help our clients transport intelligently. REMPREX currently engineers, designs, operates, and supports automation technology at more than 50 intermodal terminals and ports across North America, including Automated Gate Systems (AGS), Tire Inspection Portals (TIPTM), Rail Inspection Portals, and more. Remprex operates facilities on behalf of our railway clients in numerous cities across the USA. We also provide reduced infrastructure technology and logistics solutions to support the Distribution Channel and Trucking industries, such as AGS Express and drayage services. Our unique application of automation allows us to leverage data, analytics, and consulting to help you understand and plan your business operations. At REMPREX, we take intermodal and transportation seriously.
615 30th Ave NEMinneapolis, MN
ConstructionView all jobs at Remprex