Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Customer Service Representative role requires an individual with excellent personal and professional skills to assist in resolving operational issues for REMPREX supported Intermodal Rail Yard Facilities. The Customer Service Representative consults with REMPREX staff and clients to resolve complex operational issues and assists with the establishment of department standards and guidelines.
This role is responsible for communicating with the client, REMPREX internal and on-site staff, and drivers to resolve various operational conflicts that interfere with successful transactions in or out of the site. The role requires the individual to understand complex operational situations with the client, REMPREX, and third parties. Additionally, the Customer Service Representative supports the TSM and on-site supervisors as needed.
The scope of Customer Service Representative includes the following procedures and tasks:
- Answer phone calls and communicate with BNSF regarding operational issues
- Monitor and maintain all e-mail correspondence directed towards operations, Container Yard (CY) requests, driver issues, and Customer Support International (CSI) requests
- Assist with Automated Gate System (AGS) transactions during downtime or when the queue becomes consistently busy
- Assist with Yard Checking duties as required
- Assist with statistical tracking
- Assist staff with complex operational problems
- Assist the TSM and Supervisors with all requests
- Cover AGS Technician lunches and absences if necessary
- Attend daily operational and weekly safety meetings
- Be available and open to traveling to other sites for assistance and during Go Lives
- Be informative about operational situations with BNSF, REMPREX, and third parties
The Customer Service Representative position requires the following:
- College degree preferred, High School diploma required, or equivalent
- Pleasant and strong professional skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in high stress situations
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
- Working knowledge of office machines, such as computers, fax machines, printers, and multiple phone lines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft® Office, including specific knowledge of Word and Excel
To perform the essential functions of this job, an employee must meet the physical demands in this job description. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, feel, and reach. The employee must be able to stand for periods of eight hours or more, and must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus. The individual must be able to work in an outside environment in various weather conditions, such as rain, snow, and heat, for long durations of time, up to and including an entire shift.
This role is a full-time position working a standard 40-hour workweek. The Customer Service Representative works Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Additionally, the role can require after hours work as necessary.
The Customer Service Representative role works in a fast-paced office environment. The position can require long periods of sitting and viewing computer screens. Occasional bending, reaching, standing, walking, and carrying can occur.
Additionally, the role requires the individual to work on-site at intermodal facilities. The Customer Service Representative must possess company-issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and applicable licenses, as well as follow on-site safety guidelines.
This position requires a formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview, and reference check. Additionally, it may require job related tests. The duties listed in this job description are only examples of the various types of work that the Customer Service Representative might be required to perform. The omission of a statement of duties does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and job change.
RemprexWhy Work Here?
Great benefits program! Work with a dynamic team with a rapidly growing company.
REMPREX is a turnkey, end-to-end solutions provider for the intermodal and transportation industries. We deliver safe, efficient, and scalable services to help our clients transport intelligently. REMPREX currently engineers, designs, operates, and supports automation technology at more than 50 intermodal terminals and ports across North America, including Automated Gate Systems (AGS), Tire Inspection Portals (TIPTM), Rail Inspection Portals, and more. Remprex operates facilities on behalf of our railway clients in numerous cities across the USA. We also provide reduced infrastructure technology and logistics solutions to support the Distribution Channel and Trucking industries, such as AGS Express and drayage services. Our unique application of automation allows us to leverage data, analytics, and consulting to help you understand and plan your business operations. At REMPREX, we take intermodal and transportation seriously.
4085 York StreetDenver, CO
BusinessView all jobs at Remprex